2012 ICCCR

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Re: 2012 ICCCR

Post by Caffiend »

Vanny wrote:Cat litter turns into a very effective liquid concrete in that sort of condition. What you really need is hay, masses of it, two years dry ideally.
Silica type rather than fuller's earth, but still, you're right on the hay.

I see that the horsie show was curtailed, should we be worried? :(
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

We have about 20 bales of hay, but don't think I'd fit that in with all the firewood...

Think I'll keep the snow chains in the car just in case!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

In the end the decision will rest with the OWNERS of the show ground not the CCC/TOC/ 2CVGB triumvirate.
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

..that_

We had a local vintage show cancelled 4 days before the start by the land owners because they didn't want the ground spoiled for a music festival a few weeks later.

At the CTC York Rally this year, it was only decided to let the event go ahead at 4pm on the Friday, with a queue of people waiting to enter the site!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

As I said, almost as bad as the campsite in Leicestershire were we are booked to go in August. This was it last week.

1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Well, I remain ever the optimist. Even if all it does is rain there are always options . . .

Last edited by Paul296 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Jane, Daisy, we could be onto a nice little earner here?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

sorry but why would anyone WANT to go camping in Leicester? :rofl:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

Not sure about the mudwrestling Sandre, although if the offer is good enough! :lol:

As for my camping, Mick, it isn't actually in Leicester, it's in Leicestershire, in part of the National Forest, and to be honest we don't go for the views or the amenities but we are a group of 20 to 30 families who have been getting together since our children were babies. We make a little community in the woods for 10 days and just chill, away from newspapers and TV and Xboxes and we make loud noise late into the night, drink beer and wine and cook lovely food over big camp fires. My "baby" is now 18 and still loves to go, but the mud is causing some people to think twice this year! Which in my case would mean that I could go to ICCCR but I see that they have mud issues up there too. :(
1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Think about the ICCCR site is that a fair old chunk of it is hard standing - so getting to your tent might be a bit iffy (that's the big that's worrying me) but checking the displays and entertainment out shouldn't be a hardship.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Copied from the CCC forum

The latest press communique can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/ICCCR-Press-Release" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The FAQ's for the event can be found here: http://www.icccr2012.org.uk/new/en/faq.shtml

The map: http://www.icccr2012.org.uk/new/downloa ... ing1-0.pdf shows the main exhibition site (to the North of Railway Road) and the large camping areas (to the South of Railway Road).

At the junction at the east end of Railway Road and Wetherby Road (A661) there is a Sainsburys Superstore http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/storelo ... re_details" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with fuel. Morrisons http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder ... ecordid=65" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; have a large store nearby on Hookstone Chase which also has fuel.

Other Stuff

The Camping site is open from Monday 6th onwards for volunteers to assist with the set-up of the site.

The site owners DO NOT PERMIT THE USE OF PORTABLE GENERATORS (Unless they are "built in" to a vehicle and non-removable).

Disposable BBQ's are permitted (please use and dispose of with care).

BBQ food supplies are available from "http://www.fodderweb.co.uk/" which has a Butchery dept, shop, Deli and Cafe or from Sainsbury's.

It is possible that Fodder may be running an outdoor BBQ, to save you the hassle.....

BONFIRES, WASHING MACHINE/TUMBLE DRYER DRUMS/SUPERMARKET TROLLEYS AND ALL OTHER CONSTRUCTIONS TO BE USED AS BONFIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED.

Wristbands will be required for access to the main exhibition site from 00:01 on Thursday 9th Aug until Midnight Sunday 12th Aug.

Volunteers are welcome to stay on, on the camp-site, and assist with the site breakdown on 13th & 14th Aug.

For those of you who are only attending the Core Event (Thur - Sun), a couple of hours of your time over the weekend as a member of the "Welcome Team" or as a general "gofer" would be a wonderful contribution to help us to make this your event.

The principle that we are hoping to follow is that everyone does a little bit of volunteering and then everyone is able to enjoy the event and not feel that they are just manning a gate for 24/48/72/96 hours (no fun!!).
So when you had your fill of "spectatoring" come and have ago at "volunteering" for an hour or so - every hour will make a difference.

Please note that all the facilities on the main site are permanent and serviced by site staff.

The Gas Powered Shower and Toilet units we are placing in the camping fields are proper "jack leg" units that will be serviced by the contractor or by site staff (honest!). So no one will be asked to "Shovel 'you know what'" or clear blocked drainage pipes as a volunteer!

There will no chemical loos onsite unless you bring one!

The event is being formally opened by the Mayor of Harrogate on Thursday morning with full civic pomp, regalia and ceremony.

The Mayor will also be present on site for the opening of the "Charity Ride" where you get the chance to be driven in the "Citroen of your Dreams" on a out of the site on a short route, and all we would ask is that you make a donation, however small to the mayor's chosen charity, the http://www.candlelighters.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Children's Cancer Charity.

The Mayor will return to say farewell to you all on Sunday evening and will collect the cheque for the money donated by people who take part in the charity drive. Of course we are seeking volunteer Drivers and cars to participate for a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday to provide suitable vehicles to meet the demand.

Perhaps I ought to sell he Mayor a ticket.....

Full directions for all methods of transport with Google and Bing Maps can be found here.
NOTE: They are multilingual - jut change the "../new/en/..." in your browser to "../new/fr/..." for French or "../new/de/..." for German language versions (be careful as the browser address is case sensitive).

Doh!

Any other information that you feel you need??

Latest Booking Statistics (17-Jul-12):

Vehicles: 1,629
Participants: 3,311
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

DAMN!! I was looking forward to torching a couple of tumble driers and supermarket trolleys!! :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

mds141 wrote:DAMN!! I was looking forward to torching a couple of tumble driers and supermarket trolleys!! :)
Tim Leech wrote: ...............................................................

BONFIRES, WASHING MACHINE/TUMBLE DRYER DRUMS/SUPERMARKET TROLLEYS AND ALL OTHER CONSTRUCTIONS TO BE USED AS BONFIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED.

Mark , its only the internal drum that your not allowed for the construction of a bonfire :wink:

:idea: Bring a complete machine with you for some late evening entertainment instead !

:lol: :lol:

Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

that 'destruct' range of clips is rather funny, well worth a watch
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Have a great time to all of you that are going.I really wish i was there with you all but just cant do everything i would like to do having to look after mum.

Its something i would really have liked to have done, maybe next time!!

Good luck and have fun and i pray the weather is good.

Andy