bx quick rack

BX Tech talk
midgary

bx quick rack

Post by midgary »

does anyone know of a power quick rack for the bx ?
hard at it building another car
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

No, but I know a bloke wot'll knock you up a very nifty splange adaptor for the snobble-plate! :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

.............. repeat bleedin' post AGAIN!!! This is the only forum I use that has the QUOTE and EDIT buttons reversed! :evil: :evil:

Must be designed by ol' André! :wink:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think I've got a stainless steel splange adaptor, but not sure if it's for the o/s or n/s snobble-plate. I'll let you know. On the otherhand I heard of a Demon Tweeks power rack but AFAIK it only had 8 ribs and not the full 12 required for the BX. Maybe I'm wrong.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
midgary

quick rack

Post by midgary »

as you can see im new here so
if ive repeated somthing im sorry ,it is a serious question on my behalf, help would be gratful,pisstaking i can get elseware
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oi, cheeky sod. :lol: It's good natured and we weren't taking the piss. If anything I was being self-deprecating in that I have no idea what a 'power quick rack' is. :D
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's one with less turns lock to lock. AFAIK, the only differences were between manual and PAS, something like 4.4 to 2.8 turns. In short, I don't know whether there is one available but I've got a feeling Vanny might!
Welcome along by the way.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
midgary

quick rack

Post by midgary »

thanks matt and hello
midgary

sreering rack

Post by midgary »

can anyone tell me the exact number of turns lock to lock on the bx? is there any difference between models? this is poer racks not manual please
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

4.4 on non-power assisted and 2.8 on those with.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Woo hoo! I was right! Also slightly sad for remembering such a useless bit of information when I can never remember the shopping...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A quick rack for a BX? if its power assisted I think 2.8 is less than most anyway.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Unless something from a Xanita or CX fits then you won't find anything off the shelf. You may find something similar in Peugeot models such as the 405, 309 which might do the trick, but then you'll have the potential problem with oil types. LHM goes well with normal oil hose, but terribly with neoprene based hose, you'd have to check what type of seals are in an off the shelf rack first.

You could potentially modify an existing rack to give a shorter lock to lock if it is just the number of turns that concern you, but the cost would be astronomical.

However if you just want to get from one end to the other faster then you could add Diravi, increase the normal feed pressure (possibly within the FDV) fit a Xantia HP pump (with twin output, by passing the need for an FDV and giving higher pressure to the ram) or simply stick a second ram on. Okay sticking a second ram on might not sound easy, but i suggest there isn't a lot to it!

If you need a better answer than that then you might need to give some information about intent ie why you want a quick rack, why you think it is the best option, and what the application is actually for as this might impact on the options (eg a Valver has a rather fat exhaust leaving less space to fit a different rack/ram setup.
midgary

quick rack

Post by midgary »

thanks for the info,its a toss up between the bx which has same mounting points and approx same rack bar legnth as what i have only its power not manual ,or using a xsara which is 2.5 lock to lock but mountings are diff so is bar legnth but i can get round those probs ,what i am trying to do is fit power and quickness to my t16 which can with manual ,i think the bx will be alot less work and is only .3 of a turn less ,just have to get quicker reactions ,thanks for the help all
midgary

quick rack

Post by midgary »

forgot to ask are all bx power racks the same because there seem to be quite a lot of different numbers depending on which model,in other words which ones are 2.8 lock to lock please