Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Wanted

Post by Tim Leech »

BX estate sunvisors in grey please

1.6/1.9 Carb with auto choke, weber type not one of thos shit solex ones!

Ta!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i'm pretty sure i'm right in saying there is no difference between estate and saloon visors so either will do.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Vanny wrote:i'm pretty sure i'm right in saying there is no difference between estate and saloon visors so either will do.
Vanny,
Basically Tim is after an pair of Grey coloured sun-visors for his St. Tropez Hatchback (As there worn out/floppy).
BX hatchback/saloons which were not fitted with an O/E sunroof and likewise as the Estate version also do not have the O/E tilt/slide sunroof, by requesting a donor pair from an estate he knows that he's getting the correct ones as these are slightly longer in length than the BX hatchback/saloons with a O/E sunroof !
So if some does have a good pair from a BX in Grey from a BX non sunroof hatchback obviously they will fit but as most BX hatchbacks do have the O/E sunroof he choose just to ask for Estate type ones which are the same without going into all this detail.
I did have a pair somewhere but I cannot find them at the moment (They may have been binned) but I'll keep looking !
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Vanny a set of hatchback ones woudl be fine mate if they are from a non sunroof car?
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

No edit button (Sorry Vanny)
Just checked thro' the spec's and its not as simple as I thought from my / \ last post (so Tim need 's to absolutely specific in his request as he could easily get the wrong sun-visor's) as he needs the longer ones as fitted to models without the overhead map lights !

According to the spec's contained within the brochure for the MK2 BX dated 1-5-91, overhead reading lamps are fitted ALL models as standard except for model types 14TTGE and the 17TGD (presumably also special addition models based on those spec's like the St.Tropez).

So as no Estates were made in the 14TGE/17TGD guises this should mean that all estates will have the the overhead map reading lamps (but no O/E sunroof as they were not designed to have them with the revised/higher roof line) and therefore will not be fitted with the longer length version sun-visor !

However according to the brochure (Annotated with a 'Triangle' = optional) an O/E electric tilt/slide sunroof is available when ordered from new for the 14TGE and 17TGD hatchback/saloon models, but no annotation with a 'Triangle' where the Overhead Map Reading Lamp is call out, (that just had a 'Dash') .
Therefore as I have my Black 17TGD (Still Available for spares) on the drive which does have a O/E sunroof fitted to it I expected it to just have the console which houses the electric sunroof switch and to have no overhead lamps :roll: seems like the spec./brochure it not 100% with the information contained within it as it does have the overhead map reading lamps also fitted !
So what Tim is really after is a pair of Grey sun-visors which are in good condition (Not worn/floppy) which have come out of a car which was not fitted with the overhead map reading lamps !
(Tim, I let you buy me a couple of beers when you get the chance to for explaining all that) :D .
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Anyone breaking an estate then please?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Wow, i wasn't expecting a) a long lesson on sun visors b) to be chastised by a trim manual.

There was no mention of long or short in the original post.

Saloon RD and TD trim dont have sunroof and while rare do have long visors. Only the brown interiors have none grey visors to my knowledge, and you mention nothing of Cottage or Pilot trim levels.

Tim, I was just providing info rather than an offering
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Vanny wrote:Wow, i wasn't expecting a) a long lesson on sun visors b) to be chastised by a trim manual.

There was no mention of long or short in the original post.

Saloon RD and TD trim dont have sunroof and while rare do have long visors. Only the brown interiors have none grey visors to my knowledge, and you mention nothing of Cottage or Pilot trim levels.

Tim, I was just providing info rather than an offering
No worries Vanny thanks anyway, no rush for these but if anyone has a spare set I have some beer tokens!