Where are all the bx's

Anything about BXs
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Where are all the bx's

Post by Jaba »

ghaddon1701 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:53 am You are correct. But according to Esso there isn't a specific specification anymore for ethanol free petrol thus it can't say ethanol free on the pump. Hence it shows the next best thing E5.
https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels-faqs ... 20Cornwall.
Thanks to your direction I tracked down an Esso station nearby and was able to fill up with with Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 from a pump labelled E5. The car seems to be happier with 99 octane and it is not a huge amount more costly at £1.769L.
I am not at all certain whether there is ethanol content because:
1. The pump had an E5 label on it.
2. Looking at all the Q&As in the Esso link you provided there is conflicting info which says both there is up to 5% and there is no ethanol in the Synergy 99 fuel. I quote the two statements I found below.........

'Esso's Synergy Supreme+ 99 E5 fuel contains a double dose of additive. Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 contains up to 5% ethanol.'
and
'Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 contains zero ethanol, except (for logistics reasons) sites supplied from Scotland, North Wales, North England and Cornwall.'

We are assured that E5 will not dissolve the rubbers used in BXs so I don't worry about using E5 particularly as I don't want to ignore climate change but the car seems happier with the 99 and for the small mileage I do the extra cost and non renewable carbon content is insignificant really.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
stevieb

Post by stevieb »

J313xvw....where are you now?
trecasi
My Cars: Citroen BX16 TGS Auto
Citroen C3 Aircross (wife's car)

Post by trecasi »

Mine is still getting around as my daily driver (mostly Lancashire and Yorkshire) and has just got another MOT today - so happy motoring continues!
Did find it necessary to do a carburettor strip and rebuild before it got its emissions back inside the limits. Nice to give my wife her C3 Aircross back.