Hi

Anything about BXs
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

docchevron1472 wrote:I think it's safe now Ed.
If they've got any sense Steve and David will keep a fucking massively low profile forever more.
Even though Steve was always hidden.
Guess I forgot the :wink: and :lol: as it was meant as a joke really :P lady indeed....... :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Cartman wrote:otherwise it becomes a dictatorship, which i feel, is what we have seen
Biggest understatement in the history of the universe there mate!

It almost seems odd to be here and for Hitler and Stasiman not to be deleting everything almost as it gets posted.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

You rotters, I was about to ask Susan where she was on Branch r whether shee was CFP at the moment. I was getting quite excited at the prospect of chatting to someone about Roper Logan & Tierny's ADL's or Maslows Heriachy, or even Walsh & Ford (fairly common nursing tomes along with a good A&P book and Watsons, oh and probably the Royal Marsden book too for care planning) and I never left home without my Ballierres dictionary. Though nowadays for me anyway its all CBT, Motivational Interviewing ITEP and cycles of change, the joy of mental health - give me general anyday.

Nursing, such a great career - where else can you pop your figer up someones bottom within a minute of meeting them for the first time?
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Marty.......CBT is fair enough, but I have seen the future.......and it is NLP! :D

In all truthfulness, I was 5 weeks into an 8 week course of NLP, when I had a "Road to Damascus" moment, just before Christmas 2008. Ever since then, my mental problems have been visibly fading away repidly, to the point where I am now almost completely restored to my pre-stroke condition (but without the stress!).

I can thoroughly recommend NLP to anyone who is having trouble coping with the stresses of life, causing depression and anxiety!!

Dave
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

docchevron1472 wrote:The site was down because David Hitler Hurley and Steve shit the bed after the 3 remaining members that have a backbone also stated they were stainesque tossers.

Now the site is back.
a guy called Tjorven on here helped me sort out my pictures , if I remember correctly his name was Steve .

doc chevron , is your name Chris , my dad says he knows you , Nigel from Eastbourne , do you remember him ?
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

MCR wrote:I was getting quite excited at the prospect of chatting to someone about Roper Logan & Tierny's ADL's
I think you will find its spelt Tierney need I say more :lol:
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

The Roper, Logan and Tierney model of nursing (originally published in 1980, and subsequently revised in 1985, 1990 and the latest edition in 1998) is a model of nursing care based upon activities of living. It is extremely prevalent in the United Kingdom, particularly in the public sector. The model is named after the authors - Roper, Logan and Tierney.
First developed in 1980, this model is based upon work by Nancy Roper in 1976. It is the most widely used nursing model in the United Kingdom and is particularly well used by nurses in medical and surgical settings. The model is based loosely upon the activities of daily living (ADLs) that are evolved from the work of Virginia Henderson in 1966. Whereas Henderson identified 14 activities that "people engage in, in order to live", Roper et al only use 12. The latest book edited by these women, in 2001, is the ultimate work made by them. In this book they complete the work they have been made, with an upgrade of the model based on the new needs of the society.These ADL's are mainly used on admission when admitting a patient onto a ward.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

maslows heriachy of needs

Abraham Maslow developed a theory of personality that has influenced a number of different fields, including education. This wide influence is due in part to the high level of practicality of Maslow's theory. This theory accurately describes many realities of personal experiences. Many people find they can understand what Maslow says. They can recognize some features of their experience or behavior which is true and identifiable but which they have never put into words.
Maslow is a humanistic psychologist. Humanists do not believe that human beings are pushed and pulled by mechanical forces, either of stimuli and reinforcements (behaviorism) or of unconscious instinctual impulses (psychoanalysis). Humanists focus upon potentials. They believe that humans strive for an upper level of capabilities. Humans seek the frontiers of creativity, the highest reaches of consciousness and wisdom. This has been labeled "fully functioning person", "healthy personality", or as Maslow calls this level, "self-actualizing person."

Maslow has set up a hierarchic theory of needs. All of his basic needs are instinctoid, equivalent of instincts in animals. Humans start with a very weak disposition that is then fashioned fully as the person grows. If the environment is right, people will grow straight and beautiful, actualizing the potentials they have inherited. If the environment is not "right" (and mostly it is not) they will not grow tall and straight and beautiful.

Maslow has set up a hierarchy of five levels of basic needs. Beyond these needs, higher levels of needs exist. These include needs for understanding, esthetic appreciation and purely spiritual needs. In the levels of the five basic needs, the person does not feel the second need until the demands of the first have been satisfied, nor the third until the second has been satisfied, and so on. Maslow's basic needs are as follows:

Physiological Needs

Safety Needs

Needs of Love, Affection and Belongingness

Needs for Esteem

Needs for Self-Actualization

shall I go on
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I have anatomy and physiology books by

Lori Garrett ,Ailsa Clarke , Pearl Shihab

and Elaine N. Marieb

and by Anne Waugh BSc(Hons)...
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

have I passed my test ?

you psychiatric nursing types arent very trusting are you . must be all that paranoia you have to deal with ( only joking ) :lol:
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Ain't t'Internet a wonderful resource, eh?? :shock: :wink:
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

mountainmanUK wrote:Ain't t'Internet a wonderful resource, eh?? :shock: :wink:
It is indeed ,

whilst books are a wonderful resource and very neccessary , on a students reources the internet is a very welcome tool and saves an awful lot of trees.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I am doing a BSc Degree in midwifery at the college lane campus of Hatfield university.

Its a three year full time course. I only started in January which is the reason I may not be fully aufait with all the terms you have used.

If anyones interested my first year consists of the following modules ,

Biological Basis of Midwifery, Fundamentals of Midwifery,
Health Promotion and Education in Midwifery,
Psychosocial and Cultural Issues Influencing Childbirth,
Skills Development for Midwifery Practice 1

but as some here obviously think I am a fake .

I guess you wont be interested in any more pictures or details of this then

shouldent have bothered asking my dad to take the photos
Last edited by Mickey taker on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Nice plate :oops: ooer matron.... (no offence intended)
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Susan Donym wrote: whilst books are a wonderful resource and very neccessary , on a students reources the internet is a very welcome tool and saves an awful lot of trees.
Indeed, I trained in pre interweb days, my resource was the school library and it was usually a rush to see who could nab this weeks copy of the NT first (never the standard, you couldnt quote the standard in any work, it just wasnt recognised back then). My library consisted of RLT, Watsons, ballieres and the Schmitt etc - and that would have bankruptted me at the time had i not gone into nursing from a well paid job - ahh, £280 a month and all the weekends I could get my hands on, and being "in charge" of the ward in my 3rd year on nights - happy days, none of that Project 2000 supernumeracy nonsense!
Dressings and aseptic technique assessments, oh joy! And who can forget the drugs round assessment - "so what are the side effects of ramipril?".
Then we have memorable events such as "going home with the keys" - bloody nightmare and made you uber unpopular with the day staff.

Yes, its much calmer out on the comunity now, the odd knife threat excepted.

Anyway Susan.. RN or RNM?