Got mine! 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

^^ ^^ Me too.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Consider me a 50/50. I think everyone had finished fettling their cars for the BXagon and I hadn't even bought mine! No idea which car I'll be using, no idea who my passenger is and no idea if I'll actually be able to afford it. Perhaps if I cut the fleet down a bit...

I would like to do it though, and if the 2CV's the only Citroen I own at the time, that'll be the one I use. Entirely possible that by then, it'll be getting ready to hit 200,000 miles...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's got to be done, Ian. Think of the journalistic/photographic record!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Im DEFINATLY coming, howvere yet to confirm my co-driver and which BX I will take, most likely it will be the GT though! 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Entry form received Tim. Thanks :)

We now have a fairly firm 16 on the list - and another six likely. Not bad. I hope that soon after the CCC National we will see a solid commitment from 20 teams. That will leave just 10 spaces to fill in the remaining 8 months.

We have at least one representative of the following Cits: DS, GS, SM, BX, CX, XM, Dyane, Xantia.

We could do with a team in a Visa, a 2CV (mind you I'm not sure I'd expect anyone to seriously do 1800 miles over winding mountain roads in one?), an AX, ZX and Xsara too. I think the predominant Citroen on the Challenge will still be the BX though.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I am a definate, just not posted the stuff yet.

It will be the BX again.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Planning the 'default/suggested' route in detail... Streetview is useful! As is the ViaMichelin website...

A couple of shots from a part of the route as we approach the Alps proper:

(Col d'Izoard)

Should whet a few appetites. :D
citsncycles
Over 2k

!

Post by citsncycles »

I'll be sending mine in as soon as I get my sodding printer fixed!

That'll be another GS going 8)
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Re: Citroen Classic Challenge 2012:
*IMPORTANT* The e-mail address citroenclassic@... has broken and despite BT's best efforts it can't be fixed. So... from now on PLEASE use:
challenge2012(at)btopenworld.com
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Update.
Thus far, I have received only four entry forms. OK, it's the summer and most won't be able to plan that far in advance, but it's not too encouraging. I have had a further dozen express interest, (most saying they will be taking part), but until I get forms and fee (it's only £20) I can't take those as definite.

So, if you can, get the form etc. off to me (even if you have to update team/car details at a later date) so I can commit to producing the sticker sets and route plan/end-of-event activities.

I reckon if we have fewer than 12 teams signed up by a point in time later this year, sadly I might be forced to postpone/cancel the event or ask for a little more from those who have entered. :cry: I think it will be prudent to announce a cut-off date for entries.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Philip Chidlow wrote: We could do with a team in a Visa, a 2CV (mind you I'm not sure I'd expect anyone to seriously do 1800 miles over winding mountain roads in one?)
Ahem! Having taken my 2CV to Switzerland last year, the wilds of Scotland and Wales in 2008 and taken an H van through Norway, don't underestimate the slower Citroens!

Don't get me wrong - a BX diesel is a much quieter and swifter way of getting about the place, but the 2CV would handle it just fine. Apologies for not actually getting signed up yet. Cash-flow is causing some concern at the moment, so I'm not sure I'd actually have the funds to do it next year. (of course, buying and restoring a BX estate doesn't really help there...)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Dollywobbler wrote:Apologies for not actually getting signed up yet. Cash-flow is causing some concern at the moment, so I'm not sure I'd actually have the funds to do it next year...
I fear that's the case with many eager to participate. There's been no shortage of enthusiastic response, but commitment is another thing. I forgot to add my entry - so that's five teams so far...

Seeing as the stickers and so on won't be produced until January next year, I won't make too much of 'deadlines' and the like. But to have a few more than five signed up by say. October, would make it feel like those who have committed (not just me) that it wasn't going to be a damp squib.

As for 2CV? Bring it on!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A massive apology to Ben, Andrew, Mike and the others who have replied recently to my e-mails. BT (once again!!!) have consigned your replies to my Spam folder without notification. I have just turned the damned thing off!

I have now caught up with the kind replies and suggestions.

An emphatic reply is: this event is most certainly happening. I can well understand lack of 100% commitments but the underlying swell of enthusiasm makes me sure it will work out well closer to the time.

I still have to put a lot of effort into the promotion and organisation of the event, so please let me know what the situation is regarding your intentions to participate. It will be hugely appreciated.

Once again, sorry if it seems to have gone quiet. I assure you this is a viable enterprise.

Kind regards

Phil
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Phil, I for one will definitely be going 100%. Any way i've bought some CIBIE & VALEO stickers for the valver & some NOS period HELLA projector lamps for the front to give it that genuine rally raid look. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into the Challenge so far. Best Regards. Mark. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.