red bx tgd on ebay

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

messerschmitt owner wrote:
I'd be careful of accusing anyone of shill bidding but if you think it is going on, then do contact ebay. They can see the IP addresses of computers, bidders and watchers and it is perfectly possible for them to cross reference bidder and seller.

Personally, I despise shill bidding - it's just greed and it's immoral.
Its just my opinion, so not fact, but there is some evidence of something not quite cosher. You can report it to ebay, but then set up a new account quite easily.

Best way is just to give it a wide birth, of course Richard could be totally innocent, but hes gone rather quiet again as of late. :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Roverman wrote: Best way is just to give it a wide birth,
This won't help save what might be a potentially good BX and Richard could
Roverman wrote: Richard could be totally innocent, but hes gone rather quiet again as of late. :wink:

Or he could just be busy doing other things like he did say he was?

False bidding and numerous Ebay accounts is obviously dodgy but I think Richard is (was) just a BX nut. He buys the cheapest ones available, travels round the country to collect them, tinkers on them for a couple of weeks and then sells them on for little more than he paid for them :? so I can't see that he makes any proffit although strictly speaking anyone who sells more than 5 vehicles a year is classed as a dealer and should keep books / pay tax accordingly.
Mr Tax man does monitor Ebay and Autotrader etc. to trace stealth motor dealers so perhaps another reason to have more than 1 ebay account :idea:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
mike22861
BXpert

Post by mike22861 »

Part of the ebay problem is the private bidding. Ebay do this so that the underbidders can't be contacted and offered similar items without going through ebay. Fair play to them protecting their profits but it does mean other than the seller you cant do much checking of other bidders also the ebay system of not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers is rubbish I stopped selling on ebay because of bogus or just plain stupid buyers who bid and win with no intention of buying or maybe worse paying Ive had a few who tried the " ive sent the payment can you send the goods straight away as I need them "
Ebay for buyers isn't bad ebay for sellers is a minefield.
Personally I hope Richard's buyer was bonafide and the BX gets a good home but as a seller I wouldnt have accepted a bid from a buyer with no positive feedback.
The whole ebay system is wideopen to misuse I think it's fair to say they are more a seen to do then do organisation they readily let people open multiple accounts
1992 BX 4x4 Gti aircon Silver
1991 BX 19 TGD Red(the Red Baron)
1993 BX 17 TZD Red the new Daily
1986 BX 16 RS Leader (The only 1 left I believe)
2003 Landrover Defender 110 CSW TD5
1985 Landrover Defender 90 4SC County
some other newer Nissans
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

mike22861 wrote:The whole ebay system is wideopen to misuse I think it's fair to say they are more a seen to do then do organisation they readily let people open multiple accounts
They are after a HUGE multimillion dollar international business in it to make a buck, paypal is another one, which of course is part of the ebay group I understand. As there is no real rival to ebay its a case of put up or shut up!.

I do hope the TGD finds a good home as it doesnt look a half bad car. Time will tell.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Hello gentlemen/etc.
Dont really bother with it anymore for several reasons but just like to point out ,i dont have 2 ebay accounts and as you are all aware bidding on your own stuff is as far as i know illegal. Richardd1652 no longer exists on ebay and my new name is triumphtr7man. Although once all the mk2 stuff has gone shouldnt be on ebay much either.
Getting rid of all my Bx mk2 and stuff ,just keeping the mk1,s .
Accusations of dodgy bidding etc are a hazzard found on ebay. Cant stop arsholes bidding who dont bother to come forward and costs me money everytime to re-list.
Thanks for everyones opinions of me ,but hey i admit ive bought and sold many Bx. It hasnt bought me the villa in the south of france and tbh saving so many cars has cost me a lot of time and money and i have lost the time due to work and thanks to people who i thought were sort of friends,the enthusiasm too.
This along with working 6 day weeks is the reason for my absense on here.
I hope that working on the mk1,s will keep my interest alive.
I may raise my ugly head from time to time and hope to get to the Midland meet and of course the Citroen Biggy as its only over the hill from me.
Richard.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

/\ Illegitimi non carborundum!
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

roughly translated means

"Don't let the bastards grind you down"
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Uncyclopedia wrote:The incorrect translation "Don't let the bastards grind you down" originated from the use of grinding systems to repair scratched or damaged CD media. Because software pirates used these devices to restore CD-ROM media instead of purchasing legal replacements (as required by law), software vendors would confuse the copyright warning as a notice that they should not use grinding devices.
:wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto