19gti 4x4

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
H432VCH
My Cars: Citroen BX 19gti 4x4

19gti 4x4

Post by H432VCH »

Hi all,
I’ve recently acquired a gti 4x4 and require various parts to get it back on the road- can you advise on suppliers that could help please?
Thanks
Conor
RMS_TITANIC
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: BX

Re: 19gti 4x4

Post by RMS_TITANIC »

It depends what parts you are after really, making a list and posting it here and on the Facebook page would be a good start as I'm sure people will have some stuff laying around. I'm currently getting a 4x4 back on the road too so I may be able to help if you need anything :)
David
BXpert

Post by David »

As others have already said, it depends on what you're looking for. Some parts are 4x4 specific, but other parts can be used off either a 2wd BX, or some off different cars entirely.

For example, the rear axle rear mounts and all the wheel bearings are the same as a standard Citroen Berlingo. The Peugeot 405 4x4 shares some parts, such as the propshaft, differential, gearbox & transfer box on SOME models, but the driveshafts are different.

The brakes, clutch, higher engine mount, gearbox mount, steering rack, height correctors, front spheres, wishbones, (in fact the whole front suspension except the subframe & anti roll bar) & rear anti roll bar are all the same as a 2wd BX.

The rear axle is all different, along with the rear spheres, exhaust, spare wheel carrier & rear bumper. Obviously the gearbox is different, along with the speedo cable, rear engine mount (although the rubber insert is the same), height control rod & fuel tank.

The interior is all the same, besides some extra wires and the instrument panel (for the diff lock light).

Hope that helps.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
H432VCH
My Cars: Citroen BX 19gti 4x4

Post by H432VCH »

Thank you both for your replies and support - I hope to get to work on the mechanical side of things in the next few weeks and will post what I need then. Thanks again
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Welcome, as above some parts are bespoke,

The exhaust for one, you will need to get one made as they are just not available.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....