Hello Bx world,

Anything about BXs
mrmrwray

Hello Bx world,

Post by mrmrwray »

Hi everyone,
I am now an owner of a white 1.4 J reg bx
when i have a couple more minutes, i will write to say what I have been doing with it, mainly with the help of my good friend Vanny.

For now, does anyone know where I can get brushes for the starter motor?
Thanks for any help,

Matt Wray
In Billy's old diesel and still going strong!
mrmrwray

broken bx

Post by mrmrwray »

hello again,

car just broken down for first time ever.

Have been having problems with the starter motor (brushes are nearly worn out) so have been bump starting it last couple of days.

however, drove it a short distance (1.5 miles) got out for five minutes, when i came to re start the car, even with bump starting it would not start. There are now also no electrics at all which it has never done before, any ideas?

ta matt
mrmrwray

broken bx

Post by mrmrwray »

hello again,

car just broken down for first time ever.

Have been having problems with the starter motor (brushes are nearly worn out) so have been bump starting it last couple of days.

however, drove it a short distance (1.5 miles) got out for five minutes, when i came to re start the car, even with bump starting it would not start. There are now also no electrics at all which it has never done before, any ideas?

ta matt
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Have you got lights on your dash when you turn the key?

If not, you've not knocked a wire off the coil have you?
Over and out from me
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

bloody useless sod!

For those off the Andyspares Forum, mat is the one who bought the St Tropez from 'AdamSki' and my god how well it does go!

Anyway, on the car broken down front, well i went to Martys this evening, then onto a mates in North Preston and got a call from Matt.So off i scooted (at 11pm ) from Preston to Bury to sort the St Tropez!

It would seem the battery has gone totally flat in about 2 hours! There are NO lights or sign of electrics, no interior no nothing, battery has been forced drained. I suspect either the alternator has failed open and drained the battery or something else!

I think i have spare leads (yes the diesel man has petrol parts), and a spare alternator or two! The car has to stay at a pub until i get to it again, but ho hum im sure it will be working well soon enough!

Edit
Oh yeah, thanks to Marty for the stickers, Matt now has one to adorn his car :D