Amazing Activa!!!

post here until we fix the rest of your forum
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Amazing Activa!!!

Post by CitroXim »

One thing about my Activa I've noticed is how things tend to stay put in the boot. Nothing ever seems to move or slide around to any great extent. The following was perhaps the ultimate test :wink:

This evening my children and I went shopping in Milton Keynes City Centre. This is about 7 miles away and a journey involving a significant number of MK's famous roundabouts...

We went for the obligatory fast-food before the main business of the evening commenced; the purchase of trainers for the girls :)

My youngest daughter never finishes her cup of fizzy and always walks with it back to the car. Unbeknown to me, she rested it on the transmission tunnel just behind the centre console and promptly forgot about it, as she usually does.

Remarkably, this cup, one third full of Sprite, remained upright all the way home, despite some rather spirited cornering around the many roundabouts twixt home and Central Milton Keynes :D :D :P 8) :lol:

Amazing or what? How may other cars could claim such a feat?

I seem to recall an advert for a car once that used a glass of water to demonstrate some unique property or another but for the life of me I cannot recall what it was all about now :?
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Dickieg
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Amazing Activa!!!

Post by Dickieg »

citrojim wrote:One thing about my Activa I've noticed is how things tend to stay put in the boot. Nothing ever seems to move or slide around to any great extent.
Strangely enough Activa's were about the only Xantia that came with a boot net as standard :?
citrojim wrote:I seem to recall an advert for a car once that used a glass of water to demonstrate some unique property or another but for the life of me I cannot recall what it was all about now :?
I think it was BMW demonstrating how smooth their 6 cylinder engines are.
99 Xantia HDi Exclusive Est
98 Xantia V6 Exclusive
97 Xantia VSX TD
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas