Exhaust System

BX Tech talk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Exhaust System

Post by Tim Leech »

I shall be fitting a new exhaust to the GT soon ready for France, the front pipe is tired as is the middle pipe.

My question is would a complete new system from a GTi 8v fit and is there any benefit? I know it's bigger bore so would maybe give better performance?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Exhaust System

Post by Jaba »

Well it will fit Tim. But don't expect a performance gain as it has an additional silencer.
If you get a failure in France you can still get BX replacements next day. I would just change the dodgy bits and cruise serenely around France.
If anything is going to fail, and I have a track record in this area, it will not be anything you can predict.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The silencer won't make much/any difference to performance, but the fact the GT has a smaller valve head, milder cam and restrictive carburettor than the GTi that the exhaust is designed for, will probably account for the lack of performance increase :D
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ok chaps thanks, I will just fit a new front pipe and hockey-stick, she does go well but any extra is always useful.

They list a K&N panel style for it (same as early Diesel) which fits inside the existing round holder, so may get one of those as its only £35 (although I have two new foam ones somewhere !)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Tim Leech wrote:They list a K&N panel style for it (same as early Diesel) which fits inside the existing round holder, so may get one of those as its only £35
And does absolutely nothing Tim, except waste your money.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)