Bx key fob cloning?

BX Tech talk
2cvnick
My Cars: BX 16v
Citroen 2cv GS Power

Bx key fob cloning?

Post by 2cvnick »

Hi Forum- I have a phase 2 16 valver and one of my key fobs has ceased working. Do you know anywhere I can send my working fob to clone it? I'm worried if my spare fob stops working too, its going to get expensive. My local key cutters say they cannot clone it as it is so old.
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: Bx key fob cloning?

Post by Way2go »

The BX keyfob is hard programmed by internal links on the pcb within. If you compare your previously working fob to your spare and copy the link scheme to the spare, if it is functional, it will work. These links are pcb tracks so will need to be cut & remade as needed.
There was a BX info website that detailed this and other tasks with photos but sadly it no longer exists, However Matt fortunately has saved this particular info to this sites FAQ's so all is not lost:
https://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=15280
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Hi, having given the above programming info I re-read you post and it looks like both of your fobs worked on the same car. If that is so and one stopped working then that can only mean either your battery is flat (does the red indicator light glow bright) or you have a component failure within the device.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
2cvnick
My Cars: BX 16v
Citroen 2cv GS Power

Post by 2cvnick »

Really interesting.. thanks! The fob that works now is an aftermarket so I doubt the circuit will be the same. I am tempted to have a look at the receiver board. Is this located under the seat? The light on thebroken fob does work and it has bew batteries. The shop said it worked but had detuned itself somehow. It became gradually more temporomental over a week before giving up the ghost.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

The factory receiver board is in the sunroof control pocket in the head lining.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.