BX17 TZD Diesel Turbo Estate 1992

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
HZman
Confirmed BX'er

BX17 TZD Diesel Turbo Estate 1992

Post by HZman »

Offers invited or it is off to the local vehicle recycling guys due to lack of garage space, time and spare dosh :(

Registered 23/09/1992. Acquired by me 2/2013
Registered mileage 135,548 Estimated mileage 145,000 (Speedo packed up in 2015 but vehicle still MOT'd yearly. I changed the upper cable but it packed up again 115 miles later and have never got round to sorting it - just used the satnav)

Starts 1st time, drives and accelerates well.
Good Michelin cross-climate tyres, large capacity battery, seats good, towbar.
Cambelt and water pump changed 2015 at 135,433 miles (speedo still working then)
Sorned for 10 months up to Jan 2024, about 300 miles done since then.

Tatty paintwork, lacquer worn off in places. Tailgate hinges dropped slightly so does not quite shut properly (just happened), tacho not working, rear washer blocked, nearside electric mirror packed up years ago and changed for a manual.
Windows: front offside door window quadrant damaged teeth so does not completely shut, front nearside door window come adrift from the runner, rear offside door window come adrift from the runner. (Rear nearside window good!!)
Roof undulates slightly.
Last full service 2020
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright
own copyright

Has been kept in large dry garage.

Located midway between Portsmouth and Southampton. Thanks for looking. Peter

Sorry, I thought I had added photos but they seem to have done a runner. I'll have to do it tomorrow now as have to go out.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX17 TZD Diesel Turbo Estate 1992

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats a shame, try the facbook page we have, it attracts more people these days
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
HZman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by HZman »

Thanks Tim. I don't do Facebook but my wife does so I'll maybe get her to do something. It is a bit of a shame. It drives so well and is so versatile. It did sterling work in France shifting wood and lifting heavy branches on the hydraulics to chain saw them. It seems the more you load it with the better it drives. As you have probably guessed I don't do 'concourse' vehicles. I also have a 1957 HZ van (for over 30 years) , 2 2cvs and now a Xsara Picasso for best. The others are working vehicles. I have also had a diesel BX and 8v GTI (which we used to tow a 1960's fibreglass folding caravan with and it didn't take much notice of).

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Peter
RMS_TITANIC
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: BX

Post by RMS_TITANIC »

+1 on posting it to Facebook, an estate with a towbar and it actually works, I think someone will absolutely be interested.
Zaporozhetsfan
My Cars: Bx 1.9d
Zaz 968
Lada 1300

Post by Zaporozhetsfan »

Afternoon. I'm quite interested in this. Can you send me your contact details.
Thanks
HZman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by HZman »

So, it has gone and, I believe, to a good home where it will be well used.
I was a little disappointed that out of 2279 views(who knows how many were the same person) I only had 4 replies. Thanks to Tim and RMS Titanic for their advice.
The first person interested seemed very keen about collecting it, then went all quiet and didn't answer me again. The 2nd person interested had collection problems so I MOT'd it so he could drive it home, then illness cropped up and, being time restricted, I had to go for the 3rd person.
I see that 'Selling Advice' cropped up again, possibly aimed at me as I did not specify an asking price and asked for offers. This was deliberate as I was after people who were actually interested in using it themselves.
Only one person gave me his phone number and came to see the vehicle the day after I phoned him. He spent plenty of time inspecting it, bought it and drove it away.
OK, it has some issues and my asking price well reflected that, and it has an advisory free MOT until 2025.
Good luck to the new owner.