16V ; 5k and rising.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

16V ; 5k and rising.

Post by Defender110 »

Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1989 PH2 16v. White
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Re: 16V ; 5k and rising.

Post by Vince Pepper »

=D> Wow that is gorgeous.
Current cars,
BX 16v 1989 white,
Seat Leon FR
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

And considering the money that's been spent on it and the spec, not a fair pricing benchmark.

I should never have sold it :(
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

That was in a practical performance car mag a few months ago, ex Mr Chidlow I think although its a very different beast now,

Its nicely done and looks stock-ish, shame he selling it
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Makes me pleased it's been reborn as something pretty unique. I spent a fair amount on what might be considered essential work pretty much when I got it - Usual stuff: spheres, pipework, arm bearings, gaiters, some welding, speedo cable etc. But never had the head off or anything like that, so to hear that the HG went as he was driving it back from the guy in Ascot (who'd bought it off me - although tbh didn't seem to do much to it apart from paint things red under the hood) I might well have had a relatively lucky escape!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I had a fairly public run in with the owner on BX 16v forum. Me being unable to refrain from saying what I'm thinking right that second, I took the piss out of the bumpers (which I maintain look dodgy) and questioned the power figures (which I concede are actually likely to be realistic, looking at the quality of the installation). I hadn't realised the owner/builder was a member on that forum, just assumed it was overseas or something. Probably still would have said something, because I can't keep my big mouth shut! However, I also suspect I would have been a bit more gracious with it. He blew up big time, wouldn't let it drop for months either. I did try apologising, but alas I was told I was not only scruffy, but also a homosexual! I wouldn't take either as an insult, though I'd contest one of them. Not saying which one! That's all I can think of when I see that car now :lol:

As things stand today, putting all that aside, it's an astonishing amount that it's reached so far. Whether you like a tuned BX, or whether you're OE-only, it can still only mean good things for owners of 16Vs, what with another standard car reaching £3500 a few weeks back.
I build cars for a living, as well as restoring them, and I can say looking at some of the details on that engine bay that it's a top build. Though it's colossal money for a BX, he'll probably still lose a few quid on it as I expect it cost a fair bit to build. Someone's going to get a decent car, though I suspect if you want a tuned BX like that, you'll have to pay for it as I've not seen one that highly tuned for quite a few years. Possibly ever, in the UK at least. Me personally, it's not my thing, but it's clearly quite a few other people's things as the bids attest.

Interesting to watch!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Now 6.7k WTF?

It is a lovely job though, like the removed spot lights turned into brake cooling ducts. Surprised it doesn't need more body stiffening though.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Sold for just over seven grand.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

That's got to be a record!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....