Liability, legal stuff etc.

the smallprint that needs to be read

Liability, legal stuff etc.

Post by Guest »

The BXClub website and discussion forums are provided for you at no charge by Jonkw and Citrojim.

We must make the following quite clear to you:

1) We accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury sustained as the result of either:
i) following technical advise you may have read on this website and forum
ii) members of this forum or website carrying out repairs to your vehicle/property
iii) members of this forum meeting socially at whatever premises or location
iv) purchasing parts, goods or sevices as a result of having seen them advertised on this forum.
2) The Site Administrators and or Moderators are Jonkw, Mr B, Marty, Citrojim, Ellevie and Tjorven. We refuse to become involved in any sort of dispute, whatever its nature, between members of the Forum, as we have no liability to you, or indeed any control other that the control that we have as Administrators of this Internet forum and website.
3) The decision of the Moderators and Administrators of this forum is final. No correspondence will be entered into, and we reserve the right to ban or suspend membership as we think fit.
4) We accept no liability for any loss, damage etc as a result of purchasing goods and services from the following: www.cargiftsforu.com, GSF Car Parts Ltd, www.Q4.com Insurance and Footman James Insurance.

Data Protection Act

BXclub.co.uk forum is funded and provided by a private individual, J Wood, and is a non profit making entity. Under the terms of the Act I am obliged to inform you that BXClub.co.uk/forum does collect some information from you in the form of Cookies. We may use this technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. For those using Windows ® you can modify your browser settings to either prompt before you accept a cookie, or reject all cookies.
However, having got that lot out of the way, the forum only uses cookies to remember your log in details, user name etc, if you have opted to "remember my login" or "sign in automatically".

Email addresses and Private Data

When you choose to join this forum, or submit personal details of yourself, your car etc to this website, you can be assured that these details will only be retained by the Data Controller, J Wood. BXClub.co.uk is a non profit making organisation, and is a club designed to promote the upkeep of the Citroen BX. Therefore, all information that you submit will only be used as you request, for example, submitting pictures and details of your car to "Members Cars". In the case of the forum, we do ask you to provide a minimum of a name, and email address. Again, these details are only held by the Data Controller, J Wood. It is my assurance to you, in terms of the Act that only I and no other party or person or organisation, receive and deal with these private details, and that I shall not divulge, forward or sell them to other outside parties.