Hi

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If the corsa was a petrol I wouldnt be surprised at all. a 1.9D BX is very economical if driven right.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

might be going home next weekend as my brothers are racing at Arlington on Monday ,

I will try and find out about the other bx if I get time , trouble is dad works ( and the car is at ) Crowborough which is a 30 minute drive from our place.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I only drive about 10 miles each way to work from Ware to Hatfield and the needle hardly seems to move .
It used to be an easy: 10litres of diesel in the BX = £10 = 100 miles.

Only the middle bit changed, though it's back to being true now - for the time being. Bother, it'll have just changed with the fuel duty increase.

There's an easy way to check if the sender is moving up and down the slider in the tank: going up a steep hill the gauge should fall a tiny amount and going up it'll rise in the same way.

It's most noticeable when you're down to the last quarter of the tank.

If the tanks's fairly full on a BX the needle doesn't seem to move much for a long time anyway, then the movement gets much more noticeable as it moves towards the bottom half of the gauge.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I'll watch out for that , whys your car called groliffe ?
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

oh and another question ( sorry :oops: ) is the person in the moderator thing at the top of the page called Ellevie one of the girls on here that Tim was on about ?

I only say that because ( if I remember my gcse french ) that means
"she lives " or have I got the wrong end of the stick ? If so I dont mean any offence

If any of the other girl members are about, please let me know who you are as I feel a bit outnumbered .
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Susan Donym wrote:oh and another question ( sorry :oops: ) is the person in the moderator thing at the top of the page called Ellevie one of the girls on here that Tim was on about ?

I only say that because ( if I remember my gcse french ) that means
"she lives " or have I got the wrong end of the stick ? If so I dont mean any offence
Pure GOLD. :lol:

Susan... no offence intended.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

what did I say ? , wheres everyone been all day ,

Ive been so bored I washed the car , got as much on me as I did the car though :lol:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Hi Susan, site was down for a while ... reason unknown but being investigated by able hands so fear not fair lady :wink:

There is another lady member by the name of Charlotte and a couple of others who's names don't come to mind at the mo :oops:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The site was down because David Hitler Hurley and Steve shit the bed after the 3 remaining members that have a backbone also stated they were stainesque tossers.

Now the site is back.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

ed4ferrets wrote:Hi Susan, site was down for a while ... reason unknown but being investigated by able hands so fear not fair lady :wink:

There is another lady member by the name of Charlotte and a couple of others who's names don't come to mind at the mo :oops:
I'm a lady, with ladies things and lady wear for I am a lady......
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

BX Bandit wrote:
ed4ferrets wrote:Hi Susan, site was down for a while ... reason unknown but being investigated by able hands so fear not fair lady :wink:

I'm a lady, with ladies things and lady wear for I am a lady......
Oi, you can be hanged, drawn and quartered for saying things like that, maybe even banned.........
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I think it's safe now Ed.
If they've got any sense Steve and David will keep a fucking massively low profile forever more.
Even though Steve was always hidden.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Who the fuck is Steve? Not Buscemi right?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Steve is a member from FCF.
Who remained hidden here, clearly not possesing a pair of bollocks to ban all and sundry in public.

A very sad state of affairs frankley.
Especially when David Hitler Hurley then didn't bother to post in his own created stalinesque eden thread the vast swathe od members that had been banned. As he said he would do.
But then he said lots of things didn't he.

In short, a pair of spineless arseholes.

chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

i feel that pretty much everything that can be said already has been!

however, i wish to clarify my opionions (come what may)

1. freedom of speech is paramount, i speak my mind as and when i want, if people dont like it then talk tough. im entitled to my opinions as much as the next person

2. i dont feel that any of us should feel we have to walk on eggshells, or pussy-foot around in case of offending somebody. if there are people who are insecure/of a nervous disposition/epileptic/otherwise disadvantaged in some way or another and they cannot deal with a joke/dont have a sense of humour then perhaps they should be in solitary confinement to avoid spontaneous combustion.

3. moderation must be gentle and unbiased. otherwise it becomes a dictatorship, which i feel, is what we have seen, and things soon escalate, like a fire out of control.

4. we are all equal, and no-one should receive preferential treatment whatsoever!

end of transmission
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT