REBUILD FOR HYDRAULIC PUMPS

BX Tech talk
Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

REBUILD FOR HYDRAULIC PUMPS

Post by Gasa »

Last year, I had problems leaking LHM from the pump, it has recently also left a small bar when it is transferred to the parking lot. I had a spare pump in reserve, I put it on it and I used it a few months to a month ago and she started to make the problem can not reach the pressure to lift the BX, it took a minute or two to rise.
I hated to break up the pump that I had taken off to fix it, as it had a good pressure, in the end, I did it because the long wait to rise annoyed me.

A big press can do anything.

[edited to improve translation]
Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Re: REMONT PUMPS FOR HYDRAULIC

Post by Gasa »

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

The main culprit with oil leaks is the O ring bumper ring and the bearing that gets worn over time and there is no good fitting of bronze ring to the bearing, so it creates a poor seal and there is leakage of oil. The bearing was trimmed by two hundredths and again got the ideal surface fixation, I could turn the other side of the bearing, but when I have the processing possibilities, grinding is done.

Here you can see how much a buried camp is.

The ring itself was done manually on the lathe, but only a little had to remove. If the ring is damaged a lot can be done with the same measures.

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

Ring with new O ring rubber.

The principle of breathing is simple, until it is found it lasts for years, the spring presses the bronze prten to the lager, the ring does not rotate only as much pressure as it creates a seal so that it does not pass through the oil, while the ring itself is ideal and has a good There is no leakage, or until the O ring rubber starts to miss the oil.

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

It's a bit more transparent how the ring seals on the bearing, the shaft that passes through the bearing and on which the belt is inserted also has the function of sealing through the bearing, so the oil can not penetrate between the shaft and the bearing.

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

When I opened the pump the intention was to check the valves, the pump had good pressure despite a lot of worn discs, a valve. I turned them on to the other side that was straight and I just wiped them up in a small amount of sandpaper, the head where the valve valves were only slightly recessed by the wear, did not have the need to grind as the bearing.

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

The first two tiles have not been ground; they are just turned over to show how much the upper are recessed in relation to the other side, when the cowards received the surface as a mirror.
  If all the plates were good, that the head was good without scratches and that all the valves were not leaking in the gasoline test, for 15 minutes no chamber was emptied of the pump pistons.

A gasoline test.

Bearing undamaged.

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

In principle, everything would be reassebled to the pump, after processing the luggage, the ring, replacing the O ring on the ring, all folding and again everything is pressed, without any gaskets.

The bearing is excellent without damage but as it was empty of grease and full of dust it was washed and lubricated, I added this yellow protection because the bearing remains open slightly, the steel plate that goes over the bearing does not close it completely, so that the plastic protects it from the dust and Grease does not come out in time.

Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

I did not paint the returns in the first place, it's not complicated in principle, only the picture returns the pump's head, it has to have a conical part that the press has an edge on the edge of the lid, and in the middle there is a deformation.

For the time being, it does not leak oil anywhere, I noticed that during the night it did not completely drop down as it was the case with the previous pump, this morning when I started it in 2-3 seconds it switched off the pressure, with the previous pump it was necessary to wait for a minute or two To turn off the light and lift the car.
xantia_v6
BXpert
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC
Citroen XM V6 ES9
Citroen Xantia V6
Jaguar XJ-S V12

Post by xantia_v6 »

An excellent guide to reconditioning a pump, but the text suffers I thing from an automatic translation that has mangled some of the words and made the English difficult to read.

If you like we can edit the text to make it easier.
Have you posted it elsewhere in a different language that we can try to translate again?
Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Gasa »

It's not a problem, if you can correct the text, do it.
xantia_v6
BXpert
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC
Citroen XM V6 ES9
Citroen Xantia V6
Jaguar XJ-S V12

Post by xantia_v6 »

I have edited the text to make it easier to read, I think I guessed the right words (mostly).
One sentence has beaten me...
When I opened the pump the intention was to check the valves, the pump had good pressure despite a lot of worn discs, a valve. I turned them on to the other side that was straight and I just wiped them up in a small amount of sugar, the head where the valve valves were only slightly processed by the steamer, did not have the need to grind as the bearing.
I do not know what you mean by "sugar", maybe polishing?, also not sure about "steamer"?
Gasa
Confirmed BX'er

Re: REBUILD FOR HYDRAULIC PUMPS

Post by Gasa »

The correct name is, sandpaper. The sugar is wrong.