Potentially wanted: estate rear suspension cylinder(s)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Potentially wanted: estate rear suspension cylinder(s)

Post by DLM »

Yes, I know - hard to find, and possibly the only way forward if replacing may be early "sinker" Xantia estate rear cylinders. Have some feelers out, awaiting responses. Has anyone any they'd be willing to part with?

EDIT: Not the main problem, i find - I in fact have a strangely intermittent high pressure leak, horrible with car in high, virtually disappears at normal height. .
Last edited by DLM on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Potentially wanted: estate rear suspension cylinder(s)

Post by Jaba »

Sorry Dave i don't have one but when I had a failure on an estate, the typical corroding through of the estate's thinner wall, I just put a standard one on and never noticed the difference. I also drilled through the housing to provide a drainage hole to prevent the water and muck building up again and rotting through the replacement.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Re: Potentially wanted: estate rear suspension cylinder(s)

Post by DLM »

Cheers - used to have some standard ones I'm pretty sure but think they must be long gone or very deeply buried.