Maybe in the Market for a BX

Anything about BXs
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Maybe in the Market for a BX

Post by panky »

My Mini Cooper as been sold so there might be a space for a nice BX - hopefully 8)

I think he drove off in third

What comes around goes around. I sold my GTi to buy the Mini 27 years ago, the only car I've ever regretted selling, now I'm about to reverse that decision :D
Image Image Image
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Re: Maybe in the Market for a BX

Post by Jugostran »

panky wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:17 pm My Mini Cooper as been sold so there might be a space for a nice BX - hopefully 8)

I think he drove off in third

What comes around goes around. I sold my GTi to buy the Mini 27 years ago, the only car I've ever regretted selling, now I'm about to reverse that decision :D
You looking to get another GTi? Those are really nice driving cars.
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021

panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.

Post by panky »

I would love one but condition is the main requirement ( I don't want another big project) - and a petrol engine is preferable. There's a very nice TGS in Manchester that I'm keeping my eye on 8) The main issue is still with my wife, she doesn't like them at all and got car sick and back trouble in my GTi :( so tweed seats might be better than the GTi type - a nice GT maybe :D
Image Image Image
Jugostran
BXpert

Post by Jugostran »

panky wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:37 am I would love one but condition is the main requirement ( I don't want another big project) - and a petrol engine is preferable. There's a very nice TGS in Manchester that I'm keeping my eye on 8) The main issue is still with my wife, she doesn't like them at all and got car sick and back trouble in my GTi :( so tweed seats might be better than the GTi type - a nice GT maybe :D
GTi seats are excellent. Not sure why she had issues. Anyway, I can vouch for a GT. However, I'd really recommend AC in a BX. You can find them (even though they are rare).
Mine doesn't have it, and the windows don't have any UV protection so it gets super hot inside.

panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

I agree, super comfy but...........
A nice TRS would fit the bill too. I'm used to driving around in a Morris Minor and Commer camper vans all with vinyl seats and only the heater off valve for any sort of cooling so cloth seats would be a luxury and far cooler than plastic :D
Image Image Image
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

panky wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:37 am The main issue is still with my wife, she doesn't like them at all and got car sick and back trouble in my GTi :( so tweed seats might be better than the GTi type - a nice GT maybe :D
I find that incredible as the only car of ours that my wife will drive or travel in on long journeys is the GTi - it is so comfortable she says, especially for the long journeys in France we do. We have two modern cars, a C3 and Skoda Octavia at our disposal but she knows what she likes.
Of course I still love the BX as well.
As for the Morris Traveller, well I had one as my company car in my yoof and grew to dislike driving it a lot especially those plastic seats in summer.
It would be amusing to have one again now though.

Go for it Panky
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jugostran
BXpert

Post by Jugostran »

panky wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:00 pm I agree, super comfy but...........
A nice TRS would fit the bill too. I'm used to driving around in a Morris Minor and Commer camper vans all with vinyl seats and only the heater off valve for any sort of cooling so cloth seats would be a luxury and far cooler than plastic :D
A Mk1 16 or 19 TRx (TRS, TR..sorry DTR) would be pretty cool.
I can also recommend the 1986 to 1989 TRx (TRS, DTR, TRI) models. They are the first of the Mk2s. The TRI (injection model, Mk2 only) also isn't a bad choice.
However, if you want all the cool toys, the 16/19 TZx (TZS, TZI, TZD) series may fit your bill. They have features like remote lock/unlock (the famed Plip), painted bumpers, unique trimming, the coolest BX wheel trims, cool two tone tail lights...
They are also the newest of the BXs, coming out in 1990 and ending production in 1992 (for the Berline/Liftback) and 1994 for the Break/Estate.

panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

I was lusting after Kitches TRS but I think there is interest from other parties :?
Image Image Image
Jugostran
BXpert

Post by Jugostran »

panky wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:15 pm I was lusting after Kitches TRS but I think there is interest from other parties :?
Honestly I'd buy it if I was in the UK.