BX Tech talk
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Removing the plastic trim in the boot

Post by Jugostran »

Hey all!
I am once again asking for some advice on behalf of a friend. This time its about the plastic trim/cladding in the boot. They removed all the clips and visible screws, but it doesn't want to come out. I have never removed mine, so we're kind of stuck. Anyone here have experience with removing it?
Thank you all in advance for your answers.
Below you'll find attached an image showcasing the current state of the cladding.
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021

David
BXpert

Re: Removing the plastic trim in the boot

Post by David »

They’re a bit tricky & fiddly to remove without damaging anything. You actually need to remove the C pillar plastic cover first, it’s held on with 2 screws & 5 plastic clips. It also has a 6th clip at one side that’s moulded into the plastic & shaped like a hook, so be careful not to break it.

Once the C pillar cover is off, you need to remove the plastic around where the seatbelt comes out, it should be self explanatory & quite easy. Once that’s out, you just remove the visible screws & clips in it, which it looks like you already have, it’ll easily come free & slide out of the car with little to no resistance.

The most important thing is that you’re gentle when removing the clips, beyond that, it’s straight forward.

Hope that helps.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Re: Removing the plastic trim in the boot

Post by Jugostran »

David wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:08 pm They’re a bit tricky & fiddly to remove without damaging anything. You actually need to remove the C pillar plastic cover first, it’s held on with 2 screws & 5 plastic clips. It also has a 6th clip at one side that’s moulded into the plastic & shaped like a hook, so be careful not to break it.

Once the C pillar cover is off, you need to remove the plastic around where the seatbelt comes out, it should be self explanatory & quite easy. Once that’s out, you just remove the visible screws & clips in it, which it looks like you already have, it’ll easily come free & slide out of the car with little to no resistance.

The most important thing is that you’re gentle when removing the clips, beyond that, it’s straight forward.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much!
That seems to cover it all in perfect detail.
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021