Fingers crossed.

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Fingers crossed.

Post by tom »

When I move to France next year, I shall need something to keep me in mischief and that will need to be a classic car to take to shows and, of course to use for household duties. I might have found it. LHD BX19D Break with aircon. Hopefully it won't be rotten but I hope to go and see it next weekend.
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Re: Fingers crossed.

Post by panky »

Sounds like the perfect car - good luck.
Image Image Image
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Post by Jugostran »

tom wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:23 pm When I move to France next year, I shall need something to keep me in mischief and that will need to be a classic car to take to shows and, of course to use for household duties. I might have found it. LHD BX19D Break with aircon. Hopefully it won't be rotten but I hope to go and see it next weekend.
Oh damn, BX 19!
What year is it? Aircon is a super desirable feature.
Also, with regards to household duties - I daily drive a BX (its my only car) so I can answer any questions that relate to that hah.
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021

tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

My last one was a freebie TZD in excellent order. I retrofitted aircon to it and spent a fair chunk on it. In return it covered 80,000 miles in four years on both sides of the channel, usually fully laden. One of the most useful estate cars I ever had. I got quite good at them, on one occasion changing a waterpump at twilight by the roadside in about 40 minutes. I was a great enthusiast for BXs about fifteen years ago and while there are still a fair few in France, decent estates, with or without aircon are just as rare as they are here and good ones correspondingly pricey. If I do buy it then it will get the full mod kit but retain the n/a motor as it will not be on long runs any more and France is fussy about upgrades.