1991 BX clutch

Anything about BXs
De Winton
My Cars: Citreon BX 19TGD

1991 BX clutch

Post by De Winton »

I have recently fitted a complete clutch in my car afer fitting amd checking everything lined up i depressed the clutch pedal i heard little snappping sound ,whem i looked at the metal bar that pushes the fork that pushes the release bearing it was out ot alinement ,Thios was the problem with the previous clutch and was badly juddering nowthe new clutch is doing the same my mechanic thinks its the wrong fork the clutch kit we got we could not use the thrust bearing because the fixing carrage was not long enough so we used theold thrust bearing which was ok ,
to be honest the clutch we took out looked almost new ,so we dontknow if the fork wrong all i know my cnnecting rod is at an angle and my bran new clutch is juddering has any one got any idea what my problem would be very gratefull if someone cant help many thank Graham
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Re: 1991 BX clutch

Post by tom »

I would be looking at the lower engine mounting.
Retrofrench
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1993 BX TZD estate
C15 D
Former Citroens
1988 BX 16TRS in white
1988 BX 16TRS in red
1990 2CV6 Special

Re: 1991 BX clutch

Post by Retrofrench »

Hi Graham, did you get to the bottom of your issue? I think I have the same problem. There is a plastic bush on the clutch fork itself which locates into a pin on the gearbox casing. My fork lever has quite a bit of play in it and someone has wedged a piece of plastic between the top of the fork lever and the gearbox casing to take up this movement. Sadly the box will have to come out to rectify this I believe.