My New Ride

Anything about BXs
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

My New Ride

Post by panky »

New car arriving tomorrow, I've finally been and gone and done it and got myself a very special BX :D
Image Image Image
Dave_16v
BXpert
My Cars: BX 16 Valve Ph 2 Current
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past
ZX Volcane keeping others going

Re: My New Ride

Post by Dave_16v »

As long as I can remember on here, you have been working towards one. Waiting to hear about it, bet you're excited. 😉
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!

panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.

Post by panky »

Excited doesn't cover it, I can't quite believe I've actually got this car, all good things come to those who wait as the saying goes. It's now paid for, taxed (from Nov 1st) MOT'd and insured, ETA late afternoon or early evening :D I don't think I'll get a lot of sleep tonight, like Christmas when I was a kid - still am :D
Image Image Image
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

I'm really pleased for you. Looking forward to seeing a picture or two but only when you are ready.

panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

Don't worry you'll be inundated. It's a very well known car and it might come as a surprise to a few people.
Image Image Image
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

It's just set off for the long journey to Cheshire :D
Image Image Image
Kieron g
My Cars: 2001 Citroën berlingo multispace 1.9d
2000 Citroën berlingo multispace 1.8i
1988 Citroen BX 1.6 RS (sun seeker)

Post by Kieron g »

I'm guessing it'll be a bit quicker off the mark than the camper...
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

It's here and I am totally beside myself with joy :D :D

Loading at Southways Automotive

Four and a half hours later at Panky HQ

Some will recognise this beauty as the car Kitch spent years restoring for his Dad Barry, I know it was a real wrench for Rich to part with it but I have assured him it is in safe and caring hands and will be used regularly. I feel very privileged to be the lucky custodian for the next chapter but I've waited a long time for the right car and this is most definitely THE one.
Last edited by panky on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

If it's the very thing you wanted, it was worth the wait. It's not as if these vehicles are numerous so you have a very special and rare car. There would be nothing worse owning one to always feel it was not just THE one. I would rather wait than do that and indeed I am for something, if it's not out there as I want it, I'm not buying.

I'm sure you will get a lot of pleasure from owning it. 😊

panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

The GT ticks all the boxes with all he quirks of a Mk1. A great interior and lovely seats that even the wife finds comfy. The colour of DKK is just gorgeous and the body almost faultless understated and elegant and with all the work Rich has done it will mean this car will last and I aim to keep it looking as good for a very long time :D
I haven't even driven it yet as the road tax doesn't start until Friday so the anticipation is dragging out a bit. I've been familiarising myself with the slightly mad switchgear but it didn't take long to work it out - still a little confused with the switch positions for the lights but we'll get there.
Image Image Image
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Post by Jugostran »

Damn, that's DKK!
I love the BX GT. I would have one if it weren't for the fact they were never sold with AC (at least according to my knowledge). Enjoy it!
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021

panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

It certainly is and a cracking car it is too 8) . Can't wait to get out and about and hopefully do some summer shows, I've been out of the show scene for a few years so will be great to get back with something fresh and rare :D
Image Image Image
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I share your joy my friend. I remember Rich painstakingly restoring that car. I feel that I know its underside more than the exterior. I know you and the BX will both be very happy. It makes my GTi feel modern and uninteresting by comparison.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

No such thing as an uninteresting BX :wink: but the GT certainly feels modern compared with the Minor and Commers I'm used to driving :D
Image Image Image