Colour code for black side moldings - BX Break

BX Tech talk
Rickyalbe
My Cars: Citroen BX Break 19 TZS - white

Colour code for black side moldings - BX Break

Post by Rickyalbe »

Good morning everyone, I'm Riccardo and I live in Piacenza, Italy. I recently saved a white BX break 19 TZS from the wrecker, but it will require a lot of restoration work (leaking header, ruined bodywork, oxidized alloy wheels etc.).
Having to fix some pieces of the bodywork, I find myself with faded side moldings (the matt black ones, I think).

So I wanted to ask you: are you aware of a color code to repaint these pieces like the originals? Is it a satin or matte color?
I highlighted in yellow, in a photo, the parts I am referring to.

Thank you for your attention, greetings
Attachments
BX (5).jpg
BX (4).jpg
BX (3).jpg
BX (2).jpg
BX (1).jpg
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Re: Colour code for black side moldings - BX Break

Post by panky »

Hi Ricky and welcome, well done for saving the car. I'm pretty sure the window frames are satin black (they are on my saloon) and I would think the rest of the tailgate trim would be the same. Hopefully someone with a break will confirm
Image Image Image
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

If this is a grey colour and not black, then Rover Tempest Grey is a good match and a semi matt finish.
Rickyalbe
My Cars: Citroen BX Break 19 TZS - white

Post by Rickyalbe »

Tom and Panky, nice to meet you! Thank you very much for the advice, I will go to the body shop and ask them to make me a sample of the Tempest grey, then I will compare it with the one I have on my BX.
Unfortunately, even inside the doors and the tailgate the color is faded or opaque, it's difficult to understand what the original situation was.
Thank you :D
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

When I had a white estate the trim was definitely black in a satin or matt finish. I used a spraycan matt black when it needed some renovating.
Thats yet another use for savon de Marseille
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.