Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I thought of nunu after the hoover in teletubbies
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

well thanks everyone for making me so welcome on my first day ,

I'm off to bed now,

I will ask dad to find out more about the other car if you would like .

He did say there were some bits that might go on my car , the sunroof thing that stops wind noise and he said my wheel trims arent the proper ones so he might take the ones off the other car.

are wheel trims that important ?

any way I will be back sometime soon

night night
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Oh yes, genuine BX wheel trims are essential, wouldn't be a real BX with the right trims :lol:

Sorry just an old forum joke, I'm sure someone will be along soon to add to that. :D
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Susan Donym wrote:...are wheel trims that important ?
To many, yes, to others, no. Depends. But... Is the Pope a Catholic? :lol:

(Seriously though I fitted genuine GTi/TZD hatch trims from the right era to my GTi auto and they rattled so much that I took 'em off again! Until the genuine BX alloys I have are refurbished and have tyres on them it's back to the 'after market' stand-bys! We all have our cross to bear :lol: )

It's far more important that you get the mechanicals sorted. Then make sure the car drives as you'd want and the interior/electrics work for you. The body work needs a bit of work too, and of course you need to make sure the tyres are OK - after all that time stationary they probably won't be (buy good part-worns from a local place, no need to buy £300's worth of Michelins straightaway!). Then start to think about trims...

Oh but you must get that sunroof wind deflector fitted... De rigueur don't you know!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Jokes aside, I have a set of trims as originally fitted to a BX of that period if they're wanted sometime - and Sue, sorry about the attack of paranoia.

I developed a fairly cautious attitude on the net a few years back when I supported internet customers for a rather infamous ISP.

A surprisingly large number of customers rang in for reinstalls and reconnections after they lost their data, time and money to viruses and suchlike (and it was something that also hit some of the more seasoned techies I worked with who really should have known better).

PS - "comfier" pipes are "kunifer" pipes which don't rot away over time like the steel ones originally fitted to the car.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

ken newbold wrote:Oh yes, genuine BX wheel trims are essential, wouldn't be a real BX with the right trims :lol:

Sorry just an old forum joke, I'm sure someone will be along soon to add to that. :D
I have NO idea what you are talking about Kenneth! :lol:

Sue glad your so enthusiastic! keep it up!

I think we would all be interested in seeing some better pictures of the Mk1 as they are rare now.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Susan Donym wrote:well thanks everyone for making me so welcome on my first day
Being the cynical type I am I wonder whether part of the reason this thread has so much interest is that it's rare to find a girl into cars, let alone BXs (especially one of your age!)

Now if I wasn't already happily married... :wink:

(Sorry, just a joke - hope you're not offended!)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Welcome to the forum looks like a nice car rescued....love those Mk1's.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I wonder whether part of the reason this thread has so much interest is that it's rare to find a girl into cars, let alone BXs
Well, it's certainly deflected attention away from other sections of the forum... to be sure.

As I posted at the start, I'd love to persuade my own daughter that driving a BX is a good idea from both her point of view and mine. The only Citroen she's approved of was Tom's old CX, when I borrowed it..

She and her friends loved the limo-like aspects of the CX and the 70s design was "cool"; the 80's look of the BX rather pales by comparison. She found the original clutch on my BX turbodiesel a bit difficult to handle compared to a driving-school Focus, and I think that's stayed in her memory. A BX was nowhere near as desirable to her as a Ford Ka when she was spending her own money on a first car. She did once ask why I didn't get into old Porsches or something similar. I tried to limit my response to grounds of practicality - this was before she'd started to pay for tax, petrol, insurance and so on.

If a BX were a pair of shoes or a handbag, I think they might stay in the wardrobe much of the time. No heels, and no bling, and only restrained quirkiness. My other daughter, who doesn't drive but approves of my BX, has tastes that veer towards colourful classic-but-quirky. Funnily enough, she's had to tone that down a bit since starting to study in Paris, where plainer colours and a slightly tailored look are needed to avoid unwelcome attention. Many cars sold in France are pretty toned-down on the colour front in the same way. Bling is NOT an option, except maybe in the suburbs (which are more like inner-cities in the UK/US).
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

mat_fenwick wrote: Being the cynical type I am I wonder whether part of the reason this thread has so much interest is that it's rare to find a girl into cars, let alone BXs (especially one of your age!)
haha Well Matt I didnt get much of a choice with a dad whos a truck driver and four older brothers who are into banger racing,I must admit the biggest attraction of the BX was that it was free :lol:
but I am getting attatched to NuNu
mat_fenwick wrote: Now if I wasn't already happily married... :wink:
cheeky , Im not attatched at the moment Im afraid what with studying away from home, just me , my flatmate and her cat called Smiffy .

(Sorry, just a joke - hope you're not offended!) [/quote]

moi is not easily offended , god how could I be working with so many student doctors, can you imagine the practical jokes and micky taking they get up to :lol:
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

DLM wrote: As I posted at the start, I'd love to persuade my own daughter that driving a BX is a good idea from both her point of view and mine.
she should try again ,the BX is a much better ride than my old corsa.

and the last thing I want after a day on the wards is high heels .

Talking of which .

I'm off for a nice shower and then out with the girls, the weekend starts here :lol:

they are trying to talk me into weekend away camping over Easter now I have a car big enough for four and all the gear am I just being used or what :lol:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Have a good one! Take some piccies - (of the BX and it's passengers :lol: )
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

bit late LOL

welcome susan

it seems we have a student nurse and friends in our company! 8)

ill put me eyes back in me head hee hee :lol:

cheeky monkey :!:
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

any one would think us student nurses have some sort of tradition to uphold :lol:

had a great night out , not tooooooo much to drink because I would rather watch other people make fools of themselves ,

everything in moderation I say.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

do you know I think my BX is actually better on fuel than my corsa ,
I only drive about 10 miles each way to work from Ware to Hatfield and the needle hardly seems to move .