BX TZD Turbo for sale ONLY £200!!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

scarecrow wrote:Tease :wink:
It's really not that interesting!

Basically Liz pointed out to me that we were going to France in May where we will be required to ferry my parents around in air conditioned luxury (the XM) and it is obvious the TZD Turbo would be less suitable. (Fair do's).

And there's no way she is relinquishing her beloved BX GTi auto.

And as the GS project is still probable.

As I said "I'd like to buy it off you". I still would, but I can't. Anyway, I spoke with James and he's cool; in fact I think it'll go better on eBay....
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

The car is provisionally sold :-({|=
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

still available
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

James, put it on ebay mate, you WILL get your asking price and maybe a bit more if you do a good avert witha honest description!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

Someone please buy my BX, I just want it to find a good home, Only asking for £200 now.

I don't want to put it on Ebay as its a lot of hassle and the fees are scandalous, I also feel responsable for making sure the car finds an appriciating owner and escapes the knackers yard for a while yet.

I would really like to keep the car but I don't have the skills to work on these (especially hydrolic system) and I cannot afford to take it to a garage because I earn a very low wage.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Remind us all whats up with it mate?

Tim
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

Roverman wrote:Remind us all whats up with it mate?

Tim
I,ve done an ebay listing which is all up to date:

Up for sale is my BX TZD in faded red. I originally bought the car last year to tour europe with but since then my financial situation has changed and now I am no longer able to do this. These cars are becoming very rare now and since owning the car last August I have only ever seen one other BX on the road. The car is a pleasure to drive and is the most comfortable car I have ever driven, I recall one journey of 6 hours driving non stop and at the end feeling no fatigue. The car is good for the pocket too as it is only insurance group 8 and will easily acheive 50mpg+ on a run, it may also be possible to insure on a classic car policy. The car has MOT until 23rd July and is currently sorn. I don't think the car will need much work for the next MOT as it has only been driven for 3 months since last August and was has been garaged the rest of the time. One of the best aspects of this particular car is the engine which pulls very well in all gears and never uses any oil or cooant whatsoever. The car was serviced around 500 milese ago changing oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. The suspension works as it should with no odd noises or knocking, however the front suspension is a little hard and could do with a new pair of front spheres. These are available for about £21 each and are apparently very easy to fit.

Bad bits

The charging system does not appear to charge the battery properly and eventually the battery goes flat. I have fitted a new battery but I think the problem is still there. It could be somthing simple like a bad earth or at worst the alternator could have packed up.

The ABS light is on, has been like this since I bought the car but the brakes work perfect.

There is a bit of rust on the door sills although its not too bad and would probabily be quite easy to take care of.

front suspension is a little hard and could do with spheres replacing.

Red paint is quite faded and is actually a little worse than it looks in the pictures.

the remote central locking does not work although it works fine with the key.

Please messege me with any questions. Viewing and inspections welcome, but please only buy the car if you intend to pay the advertised price, the car is very reasonably priced and is not much more than scrap value.

Thanks for looking
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

A fair price indeed James, Im sure someone will snap your hand off!

If its still available next weekend let me know (as I get paid then) but would mean selling the ZX :cry:
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

I would really like to keep the car but I can't afford to pay a garage to maintain and repair it, especially as all the garages around here are crooks. I have previously owned a few 306 turbo diesels and I know the cars inside out and they are very easy to work on. For someone who is able to do a bit of diy this would be an exellent investment. I,m now looking to buy another 306 sedan as I have kept nearly all the modifed parts of my old car which I had to scrap.

pics of my old pug :D

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Pimp my ride :shock: :roll: :oops: :lol:
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

Just checked my bank balance and I have £1.62p left and only 5 quids worth of fuel left in my v6 probe. Now listed on ebay aswell as I need a quick sale.

bad times :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0638915579
Last edited by Turbo-James on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Good luck with the sale James. Whens payday! :shock:
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

Roverman wrote:Good luck with the sale James. Whens payday! :shock:
Next Friday unless I sleep with the accountant :wink:. Paypal have robbed nearly £200 off me this month for a chargback on an item I sold on Ebay, so its left me a bit short.

I need to liquidate my assets :)
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Any chance of pictures of the rust on the sills?

ABS light on is an MOT fail right?
Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

Wooscary wrote:Any chance of pictures of the rust on the sills?

ABS light on is an MOT fail right?
I will get some pictures of the rust after work and post them up this evening. I think the ABS light would fail the MOT but there might be a way round it. If you could make the light go out by removing a fuse or the bulb I would guess the tester would not know the car had abs in the first place. The brakes seem to work fine. It could be a loose wire or one of the sensors just needs a good clean so it might be an easy fix anyway.