Scoop! Lost tribe of Citroens living in Lincolnshire woods.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes its MOTed and low miles but needs some tidying, one will come along soon enough, sadly George is only 20 so cant get classic insurance either.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

has he still got it need a car well bad
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Paul, you would be getting yourself into a lot of hurt buying a BX that has been stood up for a while. In fact any BX for £300.

A good BX will now set you back at least £600 I'd say.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Philip Chidlow wrote:A good BX will now set you back at least £600 I'd say.
Agree, my search for the right BX for me took me about 6 months because with (very) limited practical technical know how and no long-term storage/off-street facilities (relatives are good, but can't impose too much!) I knew that I would have to have a useable (or very close to it) non-SORNed car - and I had my heart set on a TZD. Mine set me back 700 quid, expert (Chevronics) view is that it will be a good 'un once the snags are sorted. And as it's 21 years old and sadly neglected for 18 months or so (although perfectly maintained until then) there are some snags.

Jacksun, we've not met, but have seen your posts and sympathised with some of the difficulties you've had trying to get the car of your dreams. I believe that you need to rely on outside help for fixings of BXs as well? If I'm wrong, sorry, no offence intended!

If I'm right, then I would recommend that you need to budget at least a grand to buy a BX and have any "immediately urgent" items sorted (in my case, couple driveshafts, hydraflush and cam belt took me well over £1K total by the time I'd had standard fluid/filter changes done too. Thank gawd for year end overtime :lol: ). Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is - I think you have to assume that you're not going to be the lucky one who picks up the best BX for £300 from an old guy who treated it better than his wife - otherwise you're almost certainly just letting yourself in for more heartache.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I agree entirely. When I saw Jacksun's 'wanted' ad, my first thought was, "you'll be lucky!" Prices have definitely risen over the past year.