BX GT Classic Road Test

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX GT Classic Road Test

Post by Tim Leech »

Do I need to buy one Ian or is mine in the post.....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

On its way Tim!

Oh and I hope Vanny doesn't mind that his 16v sneaks into the full feature. I loved the comparison between skinny GT and full-fat 16v.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Great stuff Ian!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks. Bit disappointed with the photos. Need to work on my panning skills as only the static shots were used. Gorgeous car though! Love it.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

You mean I drove up and down that road all those times for nothing.......
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I've just been and bought it; really nice write up and pics Ian. Enjoyed it very much.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Damn! Havent had chance to go to WH Smith yet...
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Ian, any chance of a dedicated magazine for French classic cars. I enjoy reading Practical Classics, et al but they do feature an awful lot of MG's, Spitfires, etc. Surely there would be enough of a readership to justify a production run, considering how many other "niche" magazines there are on the shelves. Just a thought. Mark.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

mds141 wrote:Ian, any chance of a dedicated magazine for French classic cars. I enjoy reading Practical Classics, et al but they do feature an awful lot of MG's, Spitfires, etc. Surely there would be enough of a readership to justify a production run, considering how many other "niche" magazines there are on the shelves. Just a thought. Mark.
..that_ x10. I never buy classic car magazines for that very reason. There's never anything about French cars (unless you include the 'How to buy a Citroen DS' article they publish every 5 years). I've nothing against meat n' two veg and Dunkirk spirit 'n all that, I just prefer something a bit more haute cuisine and charismatic.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Anyone else interested in a magazine for French classic cars? [-o<
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Can someone do a scan of this article please for those of us 'overseas?'
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Anyone else interested in a magazine for French classic cars?
I am, although I do wonder about the practicalities - anyone here remember the english language Citropolis and Planet 2CV? They lasted around 18 months before the publishers dropped them due to lack of interest. Planet 2CV still exists in it's french format (and has at least 1 other magazine in direct competition to it), but I'm not sure about Citropolis.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Paul296 wrote:
mds141 wrote:Ian, any chance of a dedicated magazine for French classic cars. I enjoy reading Practical Classics, et al but they do feature an awful lot of MG's, Spitfires, etc. Surely there would be enough of a readership to justify a production run, considering how many other "niche" magazines there are on the shelves. Just a thought. Mark.
..that_ x10. I never buy classic car magazines for that very reason. There's never anything about French cars (unless you include the 'How to buy a Citroën DS' article they publish every 5 years). I've nothing against meat n' two veg and Dunkirk spirit 'n all that, I just prefer something a bit more haute cuisine and charismatic.
There's a nice feature about the Heuliez Citroen SM Espace in the next issue of Octane, and there will be a BX appearing soon too :wink:

I managed to get a small mention of a BX 4TC into evo magazine this month too :lol:
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Matt H wrote:
Paul296 wrote:
..that_ x10. I never buy classic car magazines for that very reason. There's never anything about French cars (unless you include the 'How to buy a Citroën DS' article they publish every 5 years). I've nothing against meat n' two veg and Dunkirk spirit 'n all that, I just prefer something a bit more haute cuisine and charismatic.
There's a nice feature about the Heuliez Citroën SM Espace in the next issue of Octane, and there will be a BX appearing soon too :wink:

I managed to get a small mention of a BX 4TC into evo magazine this month too :lol:
=D> I'll definitely look out for those. Realistically, I don't think there's a big enough audience for a dedicated French car mag; if there was there'd already be one. I think it's a pity that there isn't an English translation of the Dutch magazine 'Citroexpert' - again, not a big enough market I suspect. It would be nice to see a bit more Gallic foolishness in mainstream mags from time to time though; I mean, if you've seen one Humber Sceptre you've seen 'em all haven't you?! :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

there is a French only performance mag IIRC
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...