Torx T27 - Removing and destroying

BX Tech talk
Slagtrooper
BXpert

Re: Torx T27 - Removing and destroying

Post by Slagtrooper »

Yeah, i thought that bolts would give me some hard time removing them, but they like melted with the hammer and the scraper.
I know that it needs to have a ductile steel, but even with that i thought it need to be more resistant.
The spanner grinded the torx inner lobes easily. Gives the impression that the fastereners are "self destructible" only for buying a new fastener kit instead of using the old ones.
As i will often change the autobox oil and wash the filter, hexagonal heads will become more reliable.
Citroën BX GTi 1993
. XU9JAZ engine, ZF 4HP14 Automatic gearbox
. Leather Seats, Air Conditioner, electric mirrors, windows and sunroof
. "16V type" Speedline Rims, "Ducktail" spoiler and rear vents
ORGA 5219 (February 22, 1991) - Made in Uruguay

Hot steamy night alone, I wait for you ? Cold brittle morning alone and I cry for you ? And when you finally call ? You cloak your moves in the shadows ???
Slagtrooper
BXpert

Re: Torx T27 - Removing and destroying

Post by Slagtrooper »

Tinkley wrote:Good design may cost a little more but a good product does it's job and is hardly noticed. Hand in hand with good engineering and ergonomics (physical and GUIs'), it is a shame too much 'stuff' is purely driven by price which is ultimately more expensive as it so often fails!.
As i always says: Good designs are more expensive, but pays itself with time.
Saves time, money and specially nuisances with something breaking easily. No money on Earth pays the nuisance of a FUBAR situation. A good expensive thing never is a expensive thing.
Citroën BX GTi 1993
. XU9JAZ engine, ZF 4HP14 Automatic gearbox
. Leather Seats, Air Conditioner, electric mirrors, windows and sunroof
. "16V type" Speedline Rims, "Ducktail" spoiler and rear vents
ORGA 5219 (February 22, 1991) - Made in Uruguay

Hot steamy night alone, I wait for you ? Cold brittle morning alone and I cry for you ? And when you finally call ? You cloak your moves in the shadows ???