Anything about BXs
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Buying a BX GT or Digit, plus some questions

Post by Jugostran »

Hey all!
As you know, I own a 1989 BX 16 TRS. I love it to bits, but there are a couple of things about it that I'd like different. Firstly, it'd be lovely if it was a Mk1 (up to mid 1986) BX. They always seemed a lot cooler to me. Secondly, and more importantly, is the lack of AC. This may seem a bit odd to some of you, but where I live (Croatia) summers easily reach up to and in excess of 40 degrees C, and my BX quickly turns into an oven.
So I have a couple of questions.
What's a good price range for a GT or for a Digit in continental Europe?
I noticed both have trip computers, but do both have Plips (remote lock/unlock)? Asking because I think that is a neat bonus.
However, and more importantly, could either come with AC fitted? And, has anyone gotten the AC in a Mk1 BX working? That's probably the most important question. I am also entertaining the idea of getting a Mk1 16 or 19 TRS, also with AC.
Also, I'd love to hear what owners of GTs/Digits/other Mk1s have to say with regards to living with those cars.
Have a good one!
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Buying a BX GT or Digit, plus some questions

Post by Tim Leech »

A/C in a Mk1 is normally retro fitted, and very rare, and probably doesnt work....Tom St James is probably the best guy to ask
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Re: Buying a BX GT or Digit, plus some questions

Post by Jugostran »

Tim Leech wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:58 am A/C in a Mk1 is normally retro fitted, and very rare, and probably doesnt work....Tom St James is probably the best guy to ask
I have seen brochure pictures and the such, but it is really rare. However, I vastly prefer the Mk1s to the 2s so I'd like to take the opportunity to get a BX with AC that is a Mk1. The temperatures this summer are reaching above 40°C, and it is becoming difficult to drive my BX without AC unfortunately. Hopefully Tom could fill us in with some extra information with regards to AC.
Anyway, seen as you have a lovely GT yourself, how is living with it? I've always had a soft spot for GTs, however I'd probably fit an instrument cluster from a TRS to it as I prefer the barrel drum speedometer.
I also found these pictures of a Mk1 TRS with AC. The adjustment lever for it can be seen next to the normal heater controls.
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021