window runner

Anything about BXs
barry badger
BXpert

window runner

Post by barry badger »

Hi to all !!
Not been on for a while, down to one bx now, my txd. The others are all laid up needing various significant repairs. Anyway the txd needed a drivers door window runner so after scouring my stock of spares to no avail i ordered one off ebay. ( didnt want to take one off the other complete cars in case i one day repair them and put them back on the road). It arrived today in new but used state, not as depicted in the advert - unopened.
So a couple of questions if anyone can help at all:-
is the part no 95 633 345 for a front door runner, this one is the later aluminium type which does both sides.
the new runner is approximately 80mm shorter than the old steel runner and when holding it against the regulator with the rollers at their furthest apart point (approx halfway stage )the rollers only just fit on the runner with about 10mm to spare. is this right? or is this a rear door window runner?
Thanks in advance.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: window runner

Post by Jaba »

I will have a measure up of my spare one for you to establish if you have the right thing.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
barry badger
BXpert

Re: window runner

Post by barry badger »

Thanks very much but there's no need now, I've messaged the seller and I'm sending it back. I had another look at it, it had some strange marks inside the channel where the glass fits which i realised had been made by some sort of punch, obviously to help it grip the rubber/glass better. It was advertised as new in an unopened packet.
I've now ordered one from chevronics.
Thanks again
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn