BX barn find

Anything about BXs
SupKim
My Cars: Citroen BX Van 1989

BX barn find

Post by SupKim »

Hello forum!

I just joined, not as a proud owner of a BX per se, but something that might be of interest to you.

My father-in-law has kept his father's BX in their hayloft since 2006. The model in question is a BX16S-XBXE-VAN/2650 (I'm not sure if this code means anything outside of Finland 🤔). It's a 1989 model, with only 108 000 kilometres on the odometer. The car passed the technical inspection (in 2006) with a note of "blue smoke rising", and then it'd been parked in the hayloft to wait for its destiny. So here we are.

So, dear BX-enthusiasts, what to do with it? I'm not in a position of "restoring" it or anything like that, at max I can get it to run and pass the technical. But what are your thoughts? Ideally I/we would just sell it as is, but I have no idea of the price range, or people's interest in this kind of vehicle. So all advice is welcome.

I'll post more photos in July, once we get it out into the sunlight.

Thank you!

Best regards!
-Kim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saintjamesy89
Over 2k
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Re: BX barn find

Post by saintjamesy89 »

It looks like a fairly unique BX Kim, best of luck with it! A great utility vehicle if nothing else. Value would be difficult to say, but if you can get it running and perhaps roadworthy then you'll have a much better chance of selling it, if that is your aim.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
SupKim
My Cars: Citroen BX Van 1989

Re: BX barn find

Post by SupKim »

Thanks Jaimesy! Yeah I posted the same thing on a Finnish Citroen forum, and they told me that this Van configuration is purely a Finnish thing. The importer made these modifications for tax deduction reasons. So I assume this model might not be of much interest... even in Finland as it's a "botched" body.

I'll get back to this in the summer when I'll get the car from it's hiding hole.