White wheels - should I?

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

toddao wrote:Yes!!! :D

That's a lovely pic Toddy boy. Any chance of a higher resolution via e-mail? I'd like that framed for my office (with your permission!)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I quite like the dark wheel coloured rim theme. Saw it on a Mini the other day - looked good. A bit American I think - you'll be needing GOODYEAR in white around the tyre wall! :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Matt were you thinking of a BX that was on here recently (was it in Martini decals or something) and that had white wheels. Not standard BX speedlines but they did however suit the BX in a surprising way. Apart from genuine BX speedlines, the other alloy that looks decent on a BX were on Vannys which were either Saxo or Xsara (I think saxo).

If you really want to paint them, go for the genuine graphite colour with a silver rim. I'll take a piccy of my TZD with them on if you need one
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I've thought about this before and although white wheels generally belong on caravans and motorhomes, you should. Goes well with red :)
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DLM wrote:Erm... the trims for the standard Maltese Cross wheeltrims on the St Tropez were painted white
And IMHO looked tacky...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Hmmm, it seems that if I did paint the originals I would get shouted at by the style police ( :wink: )

I'm not sure what gave me the idea of white Speedlines really, I did see the Martini car and it wasn't that...I remember a white BX estate in 'Spotted' which had nice aftermarket alloys. If you have a photos of your TZD Bandit with the graphite wheels, that may help - is it red?

Nice work with photoshop Phil, although on the second photo it looks as though my rear arm bearings are on the way out! :D Can't make up my mind which I prefer - I think the first with the red rim.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad