EBay 1992 CITROEN BX 19 TXD AUTO BLUE

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Simon B
BXpert

EBay 1992 CITROEN BX 19 TXD AUTO BLUE

Post by Simon B »

Have
1971 Dyane - This IS the ONE :D
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
Xantia, BX19 GTI, Dyane, BX14RE, AX, 2 x Visa 652, Dyane
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Even buses don't come round this often :o not round here anyway :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

That arse in the air attitude suggests badness of some sort (shot strut perhaps?)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

2 Day's still to go with 16 bid's with current bid @ £360 !
E-Bay Seller wrote: Q: hi, is mileage 25k or 250k? do you have the missing side trims?
A: As pointed out in the description, the mileometer reading must be treated as incorrect.The mileage must be taken to be at least 125000.There are no side trims. Regards,Mike
The additional photo's which the seller has up-loaded now shows the close up of the O/S front wing (The one which you can see the inner wing and LHM tank) you can see the Blue paint lifting around one of the wing fixing bolts and two other spot's there's some Dark Red showing thro' !
This means it's had a donor wing at some time from being damaged and hence the small trim piece off the side is also missing if it wasn't transferred from the damaged one or bonded on correctly ?

But hey it's 18 years old, and should make a nice BX for someone !
So if it was a Forum member who put the question to the seller regarding the missing trim ?

No worries as I have a length from a Driver door which can be cut down to replace the short piece needed for the front wing and the rear lower wing / 'C' pillar section.

:D

RxBX
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Not guilty about the questions :)
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

:shock: :shock: Bleeding hell, its upto £670....
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Worth every penny :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Mind you any diesel auto is rare, especially at that age.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Seems this one has re-appeared for some reason on E-BAY again !

But the very strange scenario is when you click onto the original LINK which the OP made (Simon B) it takes to the current listing, by further clicking onto the current sellers listing :?

Possibly a Link/ID with an E-Bay Seller to Buyer dispute 'Product ID: EPID80737003' ?

IMHO this is a very poor show by E-Bay (As they NEVER lose out on £'s) if this is the case, as it's seems that the current owner may of got 'skanked' by the seller . IIRC the previous seller was a motor trader in the south of England (Bournemouth possibly) ?

Also with my 'Copied E-Bay Sellers' quote from (Mike) the previous seller/owner the mileage is now tying in with the current listing of 250k !

Quote from /\ (previous listing):-
RxBX wrote:2 Day's still to go with 16 bid's with current bid @ £360 !
E-Bay Seller wrote: Q: hi, is mileage 25k or 250k? do you have the missing side trims?
A: As pointed out in the description, the mileometer reading must be treated as incorrect.The mileage must be taken to be at least 125000.There are no side trims. Regards,Mike
The additional photo's which the seller has up-loaded now shows the close up of the O/S front wing (The one which you can see the inner wing and LHM tank) you can see the Blue paint lifting around one of the wing fixing bolts and two other spot's there's some Dark Red showing thro' !
This means it's had a donor wing at some time from being damaged and hence the small trim piece off the side is also missing if it wasn't transferred from the damaged one or bonded on correctly ?

But hey it's 18 years old, and should make a nice BX for someone !
So if it was a Forum member who put the question to the seller regarding the missing trim ?

No worries as I have a length from a Driver door which can be cut down to replace the short piece needed for the front wing and the rear lower wing / 'C' pillar section.

:D

RxBX
The quote below is from the current listing:-
Current E-Bay Seller wrote: Q: Hi Steven,Richard again.Do you know what the damage was to get written off,are there any signs of repair etc?
A: hi richard, i don't know what the damage was, but even in 2006 it would have been beyond economic repair for almost any damage as the cars value would have been low even then. apart from o/s front wing and signs of light damage to n/s front door, and bonnet,i cant see anything obvious. as i said it must have been repaired well enough to satisfy mot requirements. regards steve.

Q: Hi, has the car been failed on a recent MOT test? If so what were the defects it failed on? Just trying to see whether the car is repairable or should be considered only for spare parts. Thanks
A: it's a long story, the car has'nt failed mot. i bought car on ebay in march for £670, instead of v5 being issued for car dvla said as the car had been an insurance write off in the past, before v5 could be granted the car must have a vic, vehicle identity check, which would cost £41 and to be carried out when they say at a special vic testing station. i investigated the cars history and found the previous owner had been told by their insurance company they would not pay for accident damage. but the owner had the work done themselve, and had the car mot'd , which passed every year since with no problem. it's only when the car changed ownership in march that dvla want to check that it is the same vehicle that was written off in 2006. i just can't be bothered with all that and want it gone. hope that explains. regards steve.

Q: Any chance of some pictures?What state is body and interior?Richard.
A: sorry not able to upload pics, problem with laptop. body has a few small dents, interior just needs good clean, not worn out. i wish i could be more helpful with pictures, but welcome to view, evenings and weekends.
Seems my original observations were 100% correct (As high-lighted in Red /\ ) which also ties in with Matt's quote as below:-
MULLEY wrote::shock: :shock: Bleeding hell, its upto £670....
All a bit weird :?
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

But the very strange scenario is when you click onto the original
Yes very strange - eBay seems to be messing about with its software again - some very unusual pages are coming up from time to time over the last week or so !
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

£63.09 was the sale price.I hope its not been bought by the scrap man!
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

I hope its not been bought by the scrap man!
Agreed - but to be honest its condition / provenance does leave something to be desired even for the prospect of a diesel / auto project. The buyer's ID is truncated by eBay to r***7 - no idea who that is of course - if it had been me I guess it would have been e***6 since I'm electrokid46 on eBay - there's a limit to the number of identities one can easily remember :-)
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
arun005

eBay Auto Bidder

Post by arun005 »

SPAM!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Is that spam ^ ? Don't want to be rude out of turn :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various