Mk1 19RD

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Mk1 19RD

Post by Tim Leech »

Last edited by Tim Leech on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Isn't that the one Max was interested in?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I seem to remember nearly buying that for half the money a couple of years ago. It was a bit rusty round the bottom of the doors - at least. I think for the sort of money they're asking now I'd want it shiny and not rusty.

Edit : Oh, it is quite shiny now!
Last edited by scarecrow on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

becoming common, these mk1 Diesels!!!!but a worthy car to own! and not such a big price if its as good a it looks, 8)
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

was it not up for £800 before??
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Tidy the rust up and please get rid of those wheels!!!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

please get rid of those wheels!!!
Yes indeed - shame about the wheels! Always 'top drawer' at Wolsey House - top dollar as well. Looks very tasty though - I'd definitely drive it ( but not with those wheels - obviously! vom= )
djm666
BXpert

Post by djm666 »

thats my old car.
the wheels were put on to get rid of the rusty shit hat was on there untill i could fins a good set of speedlines. but i sold the car before i could find some. and got a 4x4 instead.
its a good car for the money, as i could write a book on what i did on that car.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Yes i had a test drive of this car a few weeks ago. It's very solid. No structural rust really - front wheels arches good, door hinges good. Leading edge of rear wings need looking at / welding tho, and the rear doors either need replacing or patching up. Looks like the rear of the boot floor has had a panel welded in, but all solid and well done and no rust reappearing. It has been well rust proofed underneath. I'd say it would be completely reliable. It has new struts front and back / cylinders. The engine is a transplant from a Peugeot and sounds spot on, alot sweeter than most diesels of this variety. It rides great, like a good BX should. The front spheres i thought were not as soft as should be but Wolsey House Motors will re-gas these as a matter of course on sale.

I was considering this instead of / as well as my current 16TZS.
So why didn't i go for it? The lack of power steering and acceleration from the engine made the car feel big and heavy for me. The steering you'd probably get used to , but i'm around town alot and i don't think i'd get on with it. One of the things i like about the BX is how light and nippy it feels, it just took away from that for me too much.

I still want it though! To stick in a garage for when it's 30 yrs old (cheap tax here) and fuel prices are sky high, but i can't do that at the moment.

Nice trip to Suffolk. Had a good chat with Danny about various Citroens, strengths and weaknesses and what's good for different kinds of driving. I'd be interested in a series 1 CX 20/22 if there were any left. Cheaper than the diesels to buy, not too bad on fuel and good to drive round town.

About this Mk1 19RD - it's currently on those Pug alloys - and the wider GTi size tyres, i wonder how much of a difference the thinner tyres would make to the steering. I'd definitely have to revert to the original wheels trims i think, those ones with the black ovals round them are quite cool.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Always top dollar at Wolsey House
There you go I have corrected that for you.

Especially when you see the prices on some of the XM hydraulic parts they are also listing on ebay at present.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I think if I had 15 hundred quid I didn't know what to do with, I would!

Engine out straight away and retro fit PAS. 8)
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

IMHO with all that messing about it's had and none originality engine , interior + the work needed doors etc. I think it's mega expensive it's about £1000 too much.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nice to see a Mk 1 diesel, but as you say it's hardly in original condition. If it sells, fine. Good news (once again) for those with a BX. Not so good for those wanting one.

WHM do have a reputation for being expensive, but they do actually sell cars (XMs, and so on) at a premium, so someone might buy this...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

It is expensive but from what i could gather he'd be open to negotiation. Looking round the car, so much has been replaced, it's got a new clutch, cambelt, overhauled gearbox, new pipes, engine and fuel pump all look like the thing has been stripped and overhauled. Engine sounds very sweet. New struts and rear suspension cylinders. I got all the info from djm666 - him and i presume his Cit mechanic dad overhauled the thing. The rust does need sorting, although it is not serious yet. but i think WHM could organise that so could be a point for negotiation. The interior looks a bit tired, not sure what you could do to spruce up that plastic, seems different to Mk2 plastic. And it has some stone chipping on the bonnet (steel). All that work would cost a hell of alot just in your own time and parts. It's a really good car, just not for me unless i'd be mad enough to organise a PAS conversion - how much / difficult would that be i don't know. It would also need waxing / polishing monthly if it sees any sun. :)

My 16TZS is currently in the garage getting a new clutch, I can't quite figure out why i'm spending a load of money on it but i hopefully should have a good useable car at the end of it. All the vitals are good. And selling the XM helped.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It wouldn't be hard to fit PAS - the ram bolts straight onto the standard rack then it's a case of plumbing it in. Personally I don't have a problem with steering by Armstrong. The BX is not a heavy car it doesn't really need PAS. I don't have power on my Merc bus and that's 3.5 tons.. parking that thing will give you muscles like Popeye!

Sounds as though a lot of effort went into that car. Doesn't equate with value unfortunately, I would suggest 800 sheets realistically ( otherwise my Mk.1 TRD with 60,000 miles and hardly a spot of rust would be worth 3000 at least)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read