Cibx's "16 valve phase 2" 4wd -90

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Cibx
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen Bx 16s 4wd, MbE 220 Cdi

Cibx's "16 valve phase 2" 4wd -90

Post by Cibx »

Hello from Finland. I am a new member here and some kind lunatic with Bx's. I have owned all my driving licence age one or two Bx. For example two phase 2 16 valves. A Couple years ago I decided to build the last Bx for me and here it is.

I think you won't meet another same kind of car?? I know there is almost same kind of builded in Czech, but it's look very different and I have done some changes. My Bx has built from normal Gti 4wd and the engine and phase 2 body kit has taken another car, (actually it is from Sweden) because we don't have Phase 2 Bx 16 valves many. I have also changed the transfer gear box and it is from Peugeot 405 Mi16x4. Bx is must funnier to drive with this gear box because of the visco clutch system. And because we have in Finland some good work shop's who can make these weak points in the gear box stronger there is now new axels. Still there is some nasty noises in drive train so I think I have to open or change the rear in behind.

And here is starting point. I founded it from local yard of Citroen work shop. The axels in the original TF box had been wrecked and the rear axel had been collapsed and maybe colour had little bit discoloured?

Before painting there is some rost which is so usually here in Finland. The condition is almost quite bad as Jeth's BX :(

Let's put the engine and the gear boxes together

Some painting

And now it is ready from outside and driveable.

Some work to do with the interior which will be changed to Monza black/grey and checking the engine and poor idle running. We have here in the southern Finland almost 30 cm snow and very slippery :lol:
Last edited by Cibx on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Citroen Bx 16 valve 4wd
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Very nice! well done.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Fantastic. Liking the OZ alloys. Very WRC. 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Cibx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Cibx »

Thanks, the project has taken some money and time. :o I'll try to keep this car running, luckily I have a spare part car. :)
Citroen Bx 16 valve 4wd
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Fantastic! Thats beautiful!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

As this is very close to my dream car i have to ask a very silly question, how much has it cost? And just as important, how long has it taken?
Cibx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Cibx »

Here is some interesting picture who might interested they who own Bx 4wd

The first box on the picture is original Bx's TF box with better axels and behind is the box from Peugeot with better axels.

And here are the new axels

Let's keep 4wd's alive.. :D
Last edited by Cibx on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Citroen Bx 16 valve 4wd
Cibx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Cibx »

Vanny wrote:As this is very close to my dream car i have to ask a very silly question, how much has it cost? And just as important, how long has it taken?
Well I have done now two times this TF box repairing so it quite easy. :) But very jobful :shock: Painting, allow wheels and tires, new quad lights and fog lights are half of the car's costs. Engine, TF box and body kit are quite cheap. Of course this DFW engine (because low emission car) has been checked and some parts changed like clutch, timing belt and bearings on the crank shaft.
Citroen Bx 16 valve 4wd
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hello , very nicely done ! It is red , it is 16 valve , it is 4x4 ... what else do you need? :D
Now a question , do you think there is a way to make a standard 4x4 box and TB work and hold the torque of a 2.1 td engine? we are speaking 150 bhp and 320 NM ...
some say that only the T16 parts will work !(and they are none .. that i could find)
And another question , do you think a quaife LSD for mi16 BE3 gearbox... will hold the power of the 2.1 TD ?
Citroen BX Estate turbo d12
Cibx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Cibx »

mihaistan wrote:hello , very nicely done ! It is red , it is 16 valve , it is 4x4 ... what else do you need? :D
Now a question , do you think there is a way to make a standard 4x4 box and TB work and hold the torque of a 2.1 td engine? we are speaking 150 bhp and 320 NM ...
some say that only the T16 parts will work !(and they are none .. that i could find)
And another question , do you think a quaife LSD for mi16 BE3 gearbox... will hold the power of the 2.1 TD ?
Thanks, I have couple times almost buy a T16, but because of lack of parts (like clutch mechanism which is hydraulic and stupid hand break cables and so one and so one) I haven't yet done that. I have strong clue that TF is almost same or same like Mi16x4. Only because of different transmission another axel in (in the front rear) is stronger. Also the cardan shaft is stronger and rear in the behind is different ratio.
We had here in Finland BxGTDTurbo4wd with (1,8 turbo diesel engine, sorry code name I don't remember), which has been equipped original axels and driven almost 500000 kms (the engine has been changed non turbo) and also the project Peugeot Mi16x4 with XU10 J2TE engine (not drivable yet). Common problem with these TF boxes is rust which destroys axels. Everything is possible and I think holding is how you drive and where? Not like this (check on Youtube and search Peugeot 106 T16) :)

I'm not sure but I think there is no possiblity to use Quaife in 4wd's?
Citroen Bx 16 valve 4wd
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Excellent! Looks lovely and must be a hoot to drive, even in snow.
Cibx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Cibx »

Dollywobbler wrote:Excellent! Looks lovely and must be a hoot to drive, even in snow.
I think especially in snow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDDWVJrg52E :lol:
Citroen Bx 16 valve 4wd
blackbx16v

Post by blackbx16v »

Cibx wrote: Let's keep 4wd's alive.. :D
You're right! I have the same 16v and 4WD, but two cars, no 2in1 :)
1989 BX 16valve mk2
1993 BX Break 4WD
khan
Confirmed BX'er

Post by khan »

Cibx you just became my personal hero! nice work!
BX 2.1 Turbo D12 coming soon
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

What a brilliant car... I love it.

One question: Where can I buy a pair of those Fog Lights?