Tank Cap Seal

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
johnt

Tank Cap Seal

Post by johnt »

Hi. Guys
Can anyone help with sourcing one of these. It is the metal part that the Petrol locking cap locks in to. I believe it is Part No. 95-577-637 and is to fit a BX 19 Gti.
I am willing to pay for the part and or postage if someone has one spare.
Will be attending the Northern show at Wetherby so could collect there if that is more convenient.
Thanks in advance.
John
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

so what you require is the filler kneck ???

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
johnt

Tank cap seal

Post by johnt »

Hi Malcolm
Thanks for the reply. Yep if the filler neck is an all in one item, then yes that is the part I require.
The metal part of the fuel filler that is connected to the bodywork by three screws has corroded and broke off when I removed the filler neck prior to removing the tank to allow me to weld the rear arch. I thought that if I could at least get the metal part then I could attach this to the plastic filler neck.Obviously if someone has the complete filler neck then this would make it easier for me. I have tried the Main Dealers and the part is NLA.
Thanks John.
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

The same thing happened to my car over a year ago, I used araldite to glue the remans of the lock ring in place and some cord to hold the filler neck to the braket behind the wing.

Then in October someone on ebay was breaking a BX for spares and I contacted them and got the lock-ring and filler neck for £10 + £2 postage.

My car is petrol, the one on ebay was diesel, but the lock ring is the same, Citroen part number 96 995 064, but I think that originally it came glued to the filler neck for the car since the filler neck is different on some models.

Anyway, it comes away from the filler neck quite easily. To help access to the filler neck on your car, it's a lot easier if you remove the rear bumper. You can then easily remove the old lock ring and rusty bits and shove the donor lock ring up there and screw it all together with the 3 screws. I had to replace the nuts as well, with the bumper off you don't need loooong arms to hold the filler neck and nuts when you screw in the screws.

EDIT: oh yeah, the seal that you refer to goes over the lock ring i.e. the lock ring is behind the seal, and the filler neck is behind the lock ring. The seal is one part number as you have, and the filler neck is two part numbers for one part, the neck and the lock ring, neck is different part numbers for different models, lock ring is the same (as is lock). Filler neck I got from ebay was neck/lock-ring/seal all in one, so I used the seal and lock-ring as donors.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Brian H
that part No. is one of the short rubber pipes that conect the front to rear metal pipes to the fuel pick up at the tank (all modle's ),

also same part No. used on some modle's at filler kneck as part of the kneck breather system,

and citroen dont list/sell the metal locking ring at the top of the filler kneck on its own,

the only part in that area sold/listed on its own is the rubber cap seal,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

blimey, pass on that, here is a screenshot of my source.

Item 1 is the filler neck with presumably the lock-ring, because item 8 is the seal, and as the lock-ring is between filler neck and seal, then I assumed the other part number on item 1 is the lock-ring. However it could be the short tube that goes to the de-gassing thing.

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

1 is the filler kneck and 8 is the seal that sits in the cap,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Aha, so item 1 is made up of
filler-neck/lock-ring/inner-seal + short-tube

and item 8 is an "outer" seal which sits in item 6 the locking-cap

Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

My own BX had had its filler neck araldited up, unfortunatly it didnt last long, so the good Baron who owned the car at the time had a second hand neck complete bunged on, i like that, as it means my car doesnt leak :)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"