Citroen BX 1.9 Diesel UKRAINE

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Dollywobbler wrote:They sold quite a few of them in LHD form so I personally don't mind that this chap has done what he wants with his. I don't mind the wheels either, even though they're not the sort of thing I'd fit.
I agree, he has made a "silk purse out of what was a sow's ear" as it appears the original acquisition was dog rough!

Why should someone castigate him for not having a clone car? There is nothing wrong with tastefully personalising it, after all Citroen made plenty of money out of accessories themselves.

I think the indicator mod was necessary to make the morrettes look right. The wheels are OK too but I don't think the original BX calipers would look "bling" enough to set them off properly. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

As I understood MK1 that's BX before restayling till '87 and MK2 -restayling of BX. Guys, I'v never loved MK1 it style, and it's realy my own business. It would costs in couple of times cheaper to keep an MK1, but I didn't do that. I am very surprised of your negative concerning to processing, because in our country MK1 nobody values and in sales it costs in 2 times cheaper than MK2. But this wasn't decisive...
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

Way2go wrote:
Dollywobbler wrote:They sold quite a few of them in LHD form so I personally don't mind that this chap has done what he wants with his. I don't mind the wheels either, even though they're not the sort of thing I'd fit.
I agree, he has made a "silk purse out of what was a sow's ear" as it appears the original acquisition was dog rough!

Why should someone castigate him for not having a clone car? There is nothing wrong with tastefully personalising it, after all Citroën made plenty of money out of accessories themselves.

I think the indicator mod was necessary to make the morrettes look right. The wheels are OK too but I don't think the original BX calipers would look "bling" enough to set them off properly. :D
thank's :)
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

frog wrote:Looks great! Does it still have the MK1 interior? They're the best.
Partially, seats are velour from GTI but torpedo- MK1..
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Hey Yaroslav, your BX looks brilliant, and the weather looks nice when the photos were taken 8)

Which city/town in Ukraine ?
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

BX Meteor wrote:Hey Yaroslav, your BX looks brilliant, and the weather looks nice when the photos were taken 8)

Which city/town in Ukraine ?
Thanks! Photos were made in different cities and towns, i like to travel. Some of them are made in Kiev(the capital of Ukraine), some in Odessa (seaside of the Black Sea), some in little towns. If you liked it, I'll choose the best photos of different places and add them here :)

P.S. Originaly I'm from Khmelnitsky (city), but now I'm living in Kiev.
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Ukraine is big, it must be nice to travel all over in that car.

I suppose it gets a bit cold in Kiev, but equally I guess from the grass etc in the photos that the sumer is warm but some rain too :roll:
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

BX Meteor wrote:Ukraine is big, it must be nice to travel all over in that car.

I suppose it gets a bit cold in Kiev, but equally I guess from the grass etc in the photos that the sumer is warm but some rain too :roll:
Now the temperature 2-5 C. Winters in Ukraine are different. 2 years ago the average temperature in December was -10 C. Max -21 C. Present Winter is very heat, yet. I still use the summer tires. I wish we had a snow closer to New Year. What's a celebration without snow))))
Summer as usually hot - max 35-38 C, min 15-18 C. Especially in the south of our country near Black Sea, in Crimea-there subtropical climate.

We are not Russia, more so Syberia :D we are in the same climate zone as Poland, Germany, Hungury. Because of the large territory of our country we have such different nature.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Hmmm, no one values Mk1's in the Ukraine, just out of interest how much would a nice conditioned MK1 cost? What types of engines are in Ukraine MK1's?

I think the comments about mk1's are because we value them more highly in the UK & they are much rarer, but it is indeed your car so please don't take any comments too personally. You've done a great job with your car making it what you want :D Will you be attending the ICCCR next year?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

////
Last edited by -=RAMZES=- on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

The owner is that nice girl in white...
Last edited by -=RAMZES=- on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello Ramzes and welcome,

maybe you shouldn't have showed us the 'before' pictures of your BX, just the 'after' ones! I do like it in it's new form but.. maybe you could do a reverse operation?

I was pleased to see another Mk.1 Break arriving in our club!

The Mk.2 Breaks are relatively plentiful and even in left-hand drive guise the Mk.1 Break is very rare - there are two registered in Germany ( only one road legal) and on the French BX Club there is one and that isn't on the road either. The handful of surviving Mk.1 Breaks are 'awaiting restoration' i.e rusting-in- peace.

I post a pic of mine after its six month restoration to show you that I'm not just blabbing for the sake of effect!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

MULLEY wrote:Hmmm, no one values Mk1's in the Ukraine, just out of interest how much would a nice conditioned MK1 cost? What types of engines are in Ukraine MK1's?

Will you be attending the ICCCR next year?
prices of BX in Ukraine you can see here (be ready to be shoked by curved hands of our wizards :evil: ) http://auto.ria.ua/?target=search&event ... currency=1
What is ICCCR??
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I can't believe there's so many BXs in Ukraine! And most of them are Mk.1s. ( no Breaks though) Were they imported second hand?

The prices are 'healthy'. Obviously you can buy parts for old Citroens in Ukraine too?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

-=RAMZES=- wrote:What is ICCCR??
http://www.icccr.com/
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....