The plastic on my BX's dipstick has finally called it a day. It's broken off so much now that I'm not sure I'm getting an accurate reading on the oil level...
Anyone got a spare or any idea where I can order one from?
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT 1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse (actually has a 2.3 tuned turbo engine) 1990 Volvo 740 2.3 GLE Estate 2009 Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI 3 Estate 2013 Nissan Leaf Acenta 24Kw
x 199
Postby saintjamesy89 »
Dollywobbler wrote: ... no jokes
Is that a request for no jokes, or a statement of your seriousness?
Edit: sorry that could be contrived as a joke I suppose Perhaps if I contribute something useful? There were some new ones on eBay not that long ago, can't remember which engines they were for though.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!
Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse (now with a 2.3 tuned turbo engine)
1990 Volvo 740 2.3 GLE Estate
2009 Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI 3 Estate
2013 Nissan Leaf Acenta 24Kw
The bit that stops it going too far in has snapped off, so I've no idea where the level is! Can anyone advise on the correct length? How big is yours?!
mine went a few months back and i bought one of ebay but it was slightly too short for my 19gti. i kept the old one with the knackered end to check the oil but when driving i use the new one that is too short as it forms a seal round the top of the sleeve.