Red TZD to scrappers...bits for grabs

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Re: Red TZD to scrappers...bits for grabs

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Will 185 tyres be ok on them? I remember something about there being two wheel widths available... Thanks, oh and how local to somerset are you?
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
ghaddon1701
BXpert

Post by ghaddon1701 »

Hi,
Is the speedo cable available?

Regards Graham
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

bravo-x-ray wrote:Hi I'd be after a couple of parts, tailgate complete ie with spoiler etc, and a doseur valve to rebuild to replace mine and both headlights and all mounting paraphernalia as my 'valver came with morettes on her and I'd like to have toe option of putting her back to factory spec further down the line.... Good shout came from the wife as I was typing this was a parcel shelf and the boot curtosey light....

I know its alot, but it will help keep another one running for another twenty years.... =D>

(yup its in black and white I'm committed now #-o she will still be running twenty years from now =D> )

Right, as the impending doom of my Red TZD approaches, parts are now not long available.

Here is the rear boot and spoiler, showing minor defects:

1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Rear Passenger Door: Faded, dent free. Few Scratches, minor rust as shown. Free to collector (after August 2013)

Front Passenger Door: Faded, dent free. Light surface scratches, stopper and respray will sort. Rust Free. Free to collector (after August 2013)

Bonnet: Faded, filled and primed surface imperfections. Rust free (;-)) short nose GRP type

Drivers Door, faded, small rust spot on inside bottom edge. Classic dent caused by loose wing! Free to collector after August 2013

Rear Drivers side Door, rust free, faded, dent free. £5 to collector after August 2013

Ex-Hurricane Triton Green hatch boot minus spoiler - free!

White Baby walker style rear spoiler. Needs a respray as Halfrauds colour match didn't match

1990 BX TGD White
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

BX Bandit wrote:Image
If you look closely at the picture, for a moment I thought you were naked and I could see the reflection of your rippling chest muscles. Not that I think about that sort of thing you understand...

Could I bagsy the ashtray please - I want to modify one to fit a pop out boost pressure gauge. Oh, and if you make it collection only then I'll HAVE to come and have that drink with you I keep threatening!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

mat_fenwick wrote: If you look closely at the picture, for a moment I thought you were naked and I could see the reflection of your rippling chest muscles. Not that I think about that sort of thing you understand...

Could I bagsy the ashtray please - I want to modify one to fit a pop out boost pressure gauge. Oh, and if you make it collection only then I'll HAVE to come and have that drink with you I keep threatening!
Yes, he does look a bit naked - in a nippleless kind of a way :shock: What the blue blazes is a 'pop out boost pressure gauge'? Couldn't you fit something a bit more fun, like (for instance) a smoothie maker or an electric tin opener?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Paul296 wrote:in a nippleless kind of a way
Well, for all I know he may not have nipples - some people have extra so it stands to reason there must be others without their fair share. I just don't know, as I declined the only offer I've had from him to share a bed with...
Paul296 wrote:What the blue blazes is a 'pop out boost pressure gauge'? Couldn't you fit something a bit more fun, like (for instance) a smoothie maker or an electric tin opener?
They may be next on the list :lol: It was just the fact that I'm wondering whether my boost pressure is dropping off over time (years) so would be good to keep a track of. Now as everybody knows, the more dials and switches you have the better, but I can't think of a satisfactory way to mount an aftermarket boost gauge that looks good in my eyes. So I have a small 40 mm standard pressure gauge I plan to mount in the ashtray, so by popping out the ashtray I can view the gauge. Nothing more fancy than that!

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Velly interlesting professor. I've been adding one or two little 'mods' to my TGD. I dunno', I'm having some problems with the flux capacitors on the main internal reactor core;could be the impedance constant related to electromagnetic wave propagation? Or maybe I just need 'some wire'? :shock:

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

That looks more like an XM that a BX.....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Nah, looks too simple to be an XM :lol:

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

A smoothie maker would be a wonderful addition to a car, that and an espresso maker!

When did you turn me down Matt? I can't remember that matey! You'll get your chance again at Stratford this year - Doc has TOLD me I'm going, besides, I've run out of pigeons :-)

I'm not sure if I have a spare ash tray mate, as some of the stuff in the TGD is grey and I want to replace it all will black from the TZD. You can have the grey one, but I assume you want black? Neat Idea though dude, a pop up boost guage - neat!

Or, as I can't be arsed with an oil pressure guage (partly cos they is a bit shit), could that be converted (but not necessarily calibrated) to a boost guage???
1990 BX TGD White
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It was at Vanny's (after his kitchen door 'fell' off :lol: ) when I was sleeping on the landing to avoid Smiffy's snoring. I can't remember whether it was you or Doc, but the offer was made that there was space in your room (or bed?)

No worries on the ashtray, I could just mod the one I have but I kind of feel safer modding a spare. I'm now wondering about switching the oil pressure gauge so it can also display boost pressure - a pressure transducer and a few resistors would be all that was needed...

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Oh yes I remember - that night was hilarious, Doc and I just could not stop laughing. You were too frightened Doc & I would turn gay on you, the irony being you were more chance of that happening where you actually slept (or tried to sleep - snores like a Moose he does).

I'm guessing you only need to mod the back bit though, so the colour is irrelevant really.

So, are you talking of having a switchable guage - between oil pressure and turbo pressure or just converting one to turbo pressure?
1990 BX TGD White
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Ooh, that's a point - the front just pops off does it not? A switchable one was was what I was thinking - find out what resistance corresponds to 0 and 8 bar on the oil pressure sender, and then find a pressure sender with the same resistances at 0 and (say) 1 bar. If you can't find one to match, use resistors in series and parallel to feed the correct signal to the gauge via a changeover switch.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I have some ashtrays and coin trays here if you still want one.

I think the oil pressure gauge mod is a good idea.

I would not bother making it switchable though, as you will never happen to have it in oil pressure mode when the oil pump fails.

turbo boost gauge is more fun anyway.

You may need an op-amp to give you a new scale for the meter. I did this a while back for a kit car fuel gauge with good results.
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!