Red BX GTI for sale on Ebay

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Red BX GTI for sale on Ebay

Post by hilarystone »

A seemingly nice red GTI has been put up for sale on Ebay in Bridlington

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-bx-gt ... 338bf0aadc
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Red BX GTI for sale on Ebay

Post by RxBX »

Hi Hilary,

J230 KLU was recently sold by 'MTBX' as per THIS thread !

The tell tale sign is the 'LU' in the reg. + the sill repair which the current seller has shown a close up of and is also visible in the one that Matthew sold !

Image below when Matthew was selling it:-

Despite the usual meticulous and immaculately prepared vehicles that he occasionally sells (Mainly XM's) along with a comprehensive write up, I note something which wasn't mentioned ?

The current owner/seller states that it was the subject of a Cat 'C' write-off back in 2006 !
Current E-bay Seller wrote:As can be seen from the pictures this Citroen is in very good condition. Although I have only owned it for a short time it has had a service with new leads / plugs and filters. I have also given the car a good clean and polish. There are a couple of small marks on the paintwork but overall it is in very good condition with a lovely shine to the red paint. There has been a repair to the off side cill which I think could have been better. Some one has slightly over polished the front off side wing.
The Citroen has a very good service history. In 2006 the bx was cat c damaged and identity checked ( the car would have been fifteen years old then with little insurance value) . The previous owner fitted new suspension spheres a new cam-belt and a new battery.

These cars are now quite rare on the roads .the car is advertised elsewhere so could be removed from auction at any time.

The interior is as good as new ..
I am only selling do to another car being purchased and a lack of space in the garage.
Any questions please tel 07970886601
Cash on collection or paypal
Good luck with the sale, I hope it finds a new home quickly !

:)

deltic
BXpert

Post by deltic »

Somebody give this car a good home!
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 137,000 miles (2015, 2017 & 2019 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 92,000 miles (2022 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
2006 C4 VTR+ 2.0 Coupé, silver, 78,000 miles (RIP)
2016 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Pro, blue, 24,000 miles
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

RxBX wrote:Hi Hilary,

J230 KLU was recently sold by 'MTBX' as per THIS thread !

The tell tale sign is the 'LU' in the reg. + the sill repair which the current seller has shown a close up of and is also visible in the one that Matthew sold !

The current owner/seller states that it was the subject of a Cat 'C' write-off back in 2006 !
Current E-bay Seller wrote:As can be seen from the pictures this Citroen is in very good condition. Although I have only owned it for a short time it has had a service with new leads / plugs and filters. I have also given the car a good clean and polish. There are a couple of small marks on the paintwork but overall it is in very good condition with a lovely shine to the red paint. There has been a repair to the off side cill which I think could have been better. Some one has slightly over polished the front off side wing.
Yes "my" old GTi again. I bought in in 2009 from the owners who had had the "write off" incident. They had a slow speed rear end shunt which cracked the rear bumper, no other damage. Just a cracked bumper on a car valued around £300 caused a write off, of an otherwise good car :cry: . They bought the car back, bought and fitted a replacement bumper from a scrap yard, and got the DVLA to re-identify it again. When I had the car the rear end was it particularly good original condition so I believed the story.
Have
1971 Dyane - This IS the ONE :D
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
Xantia, BX19 GTI, Dyane, BX14RE, AX, 2 x Visa 652, Dyane