1992 Bx Image from Serbia

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

1992 Bx Image from Serbia

Post by BXImage »

Hello guys! I'm Milos from Serbia, some of you may know me from UK Visa forum since I had a Visa not long time ago. :) In November I got myself a nice looking 1992 BX Image with 1.6 BDY XU engine, payed quite a lot for it and... found out that I was dupeable, since a "friend" that sold me the car didn't tell me a bunch of things he should. But to leave that aside, here are a few pics and the story about things done on the car will be here soon! :)

mds141
Over 2k

Re: 1992 Bx Image from Serbia

Post by mds141 »

Hello Milos and welcome to the BXClub. That is a lovely looking BX you have and I see it is also fitted with factory A/C. Are there many BX's in Serbia?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

BX was EXTREMLEY popular in Serbia, it was well spread but numbers are going down in recent years. I think they'll be gone in next 5 years for sure, we've seen that happening with Citroen GS 10 years ago. :( Most of the cars found in the adds are rubbish, but there are some exceptions - like this 1990 16 TRS that was bought as new in Yugoslavia:

Or this 1987 TRS with the same story:

Or even this 1991 1.9 diesel, that was siezed by the customs and sold on auction. It came out in the adds this afternoon, and it was sold by 5 pm!

Also, there is a bunch of junk - 95% of all BX's in adds are beyond saving.
In general, Serie 2 was more popular than Serie 1.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Here are some stuff that were done on BX since last November.

First thing - changing master brake cylinder with new one - it requires some gynecology experience if you have A/C. :)

Steering rack gaiters - managed to find Sasic, car still had originals on that fell apart:

CV joints and left ball joint were also changed at the same time - CV joints were ITN, and ball joint was MOOG. Altough ITN is a Chinese company, it is suprisingly high quality. Only ITN universal gaiters that came with the joints were changed with Ruville made specially for BX.

Next thing that has been done is fitting rear power windows. Everything was fitted as original.

Last edited by BXImage on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

I also changed sound deadening material in rear doors and closed holes on the upholestry with universal plastic caps:

Only after few days my girlfriend crashed rear left door, panel and bumper while manuvering in public parking. :(

Last edited by BXImage on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Luckily, with some help from my friends car was in top shape in no-time! 8)

Another day I found an unwanted guest under the bonnet. Luckily, he didn't have time to make any damage.

mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

That's a lovely looking car Milos. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :-)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Where did you get the caps for the door panels from? My Mk1 estate has lower spec door cards fitted and I need to blank off the holes for the front winders.

Lovely car, even with the wild life on board!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Sorry for the delay, I somehow missed you post. :oops:

I bought these caps in local DIY store, price was about 1-2 cents or so, guess they were empting some old stock. Not availiable at the moment.
Last edited by BXImage on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out in my local stores and see what I can find.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Since my BX has LPG installed, previous owner forgot about petrol system of course (some Citroen enthousiast indeed:-"), so it needed some atention.

Clearly, petrol wasn't coming trough here for some period of time (as turned out later, for about 5+ years):

I wasn't taking the pictures of removing the tank since this was a completely new experience to me compared to removing 3 bolts on Visa to do the same. redx In order to remember where everything goes, I made a "model" in the garage and took some pictures:

Production date of fuel filter :roll: :

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

First step - getting everything nice&clean.

Removing the rheostat and tank recess can be a pain in the ass, since plastic rings are stuck to the rubber seals and tank itself in most cases. I used old school french wrench - just open it enough to slide in the ring and turn.

Tank recess, close look. Here I was certain that this isn't going to be just walk in the park:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Firstly, the harsh wash:

Some pieces of rubbish coming out:

So, let's see what we can find inside:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

This demands some heavy artillery. About 8 litres of nitro thinner was poured in the tank, the tank was sealed and left for approx. 2 weeks. Of course, shaking it from time to time and changing positions is a must.

While waiting, I managed to find new fuel pressure damper - NOS from local Peugeot dealer, with 50% discount! :mrgreen:

Also, some other universal stuff was bought - clips, hoses (Wurth), and of course 1.8 bar pressure external fuel pump - ref. No. 721440780 Pierburg.

After 2 weeks, e removed the thinner from the tank. Comparsion - before and after:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Condition after removing the thinner - could be better:

Since this was not satisfying, I poured some extra nitro, shaked the tank well and washed it with pure water for about 10 times. After drying, it looked like this:

When I finished the dirty work, I got my attention to details. First, the small fuel tank holder was cleaned from rust and painted in black: