1992 Bx Image from Serbia

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Re: 1992 Bx Image from Serbia

Post by BXImage »

Also, the new rubber protection was made - I used rubber from the inside of Visa front seat, thickness is the same as original and quality is pretty good.

I also had problem with fuel pump shield rubber - the rubber was in sorry state:

There is a problem when searching for replacement, since ends are thicker then the middle:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Visa parts came to the rescue again. I used same seat rubber as mentioned above to re-inforce original - I just cut out a piece in same dimensions and glued it to the original with universal glue.

More to come! :)
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Next thing I had to deal with was the filler pipe - iron ring was in a sorry state. So, I took one filler off a 1987 diesel since it is supposed to detoriate less.

But what I saw when I removed the ring wasn't so nice:

Ring that came off my car was even worse:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

After spending few days in fust remover, parts look like this:

After the treatment, everything was protected with grey zinc spray paint. This was a temprorary solution - my friend gets some parts zinc plated, and I'll add up 2 more filler pipe rings from a donor cars. Changing everything to match original soon! :)

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

So everything was ready to be put back in place:

It turned out that filler pipe has some cracks near the tip - they didn't leak fuel or let the water in, but just in case I sealed them with epoxy putty. Interesting thing is, that filler off a donor car has indentical cracks!

So I put the ring back in place:

Also new screws were fitted:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Few more bits - crotchetes on a rubber that holds a hose that goes from small to the big tank were rusty, so I changed them with ones from GS seat - they're indentical:

Tank recess was changed with another one:

All clamps were changed and lubricated to prevent rusting:

Tank cap seal was also changed with petrol-resistant rubber new one:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Finally, I got to the fuel pump. Since this pump is made for a few car models, I had to adjust it a little bit. Since it is a bit smaller then original, I mounted two rubber strips (Visa seat rubber, again :lol: ) to prevent moving in the holder.

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

At last, everything was ready to be mounted back in place! 8)

Last edited by BXImage on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Some great pics there, thanks - they'll be useful for when I change the filler ring on the 4x4.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

So we go on. Everything is getting back in place - wires, hoses...

Altough I bought Wurth hoses that are most expensive, cracks appeared only 2 months later! :x So last week I had to change hose that leads from the fuel tank to the pump. :roll:

Wire that goes to the pump was damaged, and it caused an ignition relay to burn. Everything was replaced with new wires, and this is how old wire looked when I removed the carpet:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

After everything was back in place, I tried to start the car while switched to petrol, but it turned out that previous owner (a dickhead that calls himself a "Citroen expert") didn't use petrol to drive the car since he fitted it with LPG. :roll: He told me that "car doesn;t have a fuel pump since it got broke only 2-3 days after selling", but the truth is that pump was removed on purpose - LPG was fitted in such way, that when car works on LPG it still continues to use petrol! To put it simple - the car was mixing petrol and LPG. That was the reason to put a relay that turns off fuel pump when car is switched to LPG.

Here you can also see a 10A fuse - it protects the fuel pump and ignitoion relay in case of short circuit. Interesting thing is, that Peugeot 405 has this fuse but BX doesn't. :?

Many other things were changed - ignition coil, camshaft sensor, monopoint was cleaned in ultrasound tub, air and water temperature sensors were changed; all four Ferodo brake discs, brake pads (TRW Lucas in the front, Textar in the back), oil filler hose, new CV joints and bellows, new summer tyres (Tigar 165/70 R14), and of course TZI wheel covers ("The pills", as we call it here). :mrgreen: I wish I could do more, but I don't have enough "time" (money) as we like to say here. :D

And one more picture, with my friend's Pallas made of 19 TZI:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Also, should this topic be in http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 9&start=15 instead in "Gallery"? If so, feel free to move it! :)
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Last weekend we had small meeting:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

I made a small photo session of my BX, which was also used as a bed to sleep over the night. :lol:

Pictures from abandoned petrol station:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

When you have old car, it is a must to have at least one more in pieces. :lol: So, few months ago me and my friend got a tip about 2 BX's laying 60 km aouth of Belgrade. We managed to make a deal with the owner and move them just few hours before terrible floods in May. Our friend with a trailer and his 2.2 HDI C5 was of great help!