1992 Bx Image from Serbia

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Re: 1992 Bx Image from Serbia

Post by BXImage »

Green Estate is 1992 16 Image BDY, same model as mine. The crankcase was broken, oil leaked out and engine went to hell. It is pretty beat up, but for example it's monopoint was in a good state. Imported from Italy in 1997 - I even found Italian Telecom 10 000 lire phone card inside rear door! :lol:

Grey BX is 1991 Cimos made 16 TRS, rusty as hell but everything else is in very good state. The car goes up when you turn the key, return hoses from front suspension cylinders are dry, engine runs great - after standing outside for a year, it started immediately! While the Estate was towed, grey one was driven back to Belgrade. ^^bx> Both cars have A/C.Image

This weekend I removed the engine from the Estate and dismantled it with help from Haynes (you can never get enough practice 8) ), jet have to remove subframes and the rest will be scrapped. If anyone needs any parts, I'm willing to sell/swap those I don't need! :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Interesting steering wheel in the last pic.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

That steering wheel looks like an early base model XM one.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
benifotrem1
Confirmed BX'er

Post by benifotrem1 »

Good work and fine attention to detail.

All the best from Spain
Benifotrem1

1985 BX19 GT
1970 SEAT 124 ESTATE (same as FIAT)
1971 HONDA PC50

MODERN CARS:

2005 AUDI ALLROAD 4.2
2000 SKODA FABIA 1.9 TDI ELEGANCE
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Here are some updates. :)
I had troubles with monopoint, and after changing all parts possible it seems that wiring was a problem. :lol: Now all parts except injector and computer are new - mostly genuine spare parts used.

Since car had idle problems, I started investigating by changing stepper motor. I got a new one made by Meat&Doria - altough their catalogue states that this stepper is for BX 16i, it turned out that it doesn't fit BX at all. ](*,)

Monopoint body on the table:

And wrong stepper motor - it looks the same as one on BX, but the connector is rotated in 90 degrees to the left.

Since this attempt of using non-genuine spare part failed, I got a new one, genuine Magneti Marelli stepper motor form Citroen dealer. Instead of using bolts that came with it, I changed them with universal hexagon bolts - easier to remove the stepper when monopoint body is on the car.

Left to right - bolts I used as replacement, genuine ones that came with the stepper and bolts removed from the car:

Since changing stepper didn;t help, I got throttle potentiometer and changed it too - got 70% discount at local Peugeot dealer, since they are cleaning their od car parts stock. Also used hexagon bolts.

On the left is Solex potentiometer that I removed from the car, and on the left is Magneti Marelli that I got from Peugeot.

There was still no change, I still had idling problems, until one cold day when everything came back to normal. :shock: There was probably some bad contact problem, will have to check all the wiring ASAP.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Re: 1992 BX Image from Serbia

Post by BXImage »

Some welding also took place - we started from this small rusty spot just above the exhaust, "a 1 hour job" we tought. :lol:

But, when we we started checking with a screwdriver...

This was not definitely a "1 hour job". ](*,)
Last edited by BXImage on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Re: 1992 BX Image from Serbia

Post by BXImage »

So some cutting and welding took place. We tried to keep the look as original as possible.

Cutting new parts.

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Ater cleaning the dust, welding and protecting welds, everything looks like this - not bad for 2 beginners I guess. :) We used CO2 welder.

After 1-day drying, welds were protected with Body 999 sealer:

BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

And after Body 999 dried, Body 950 was used on the in the boot, and Body 930 on the outside af final protection.

And one random pic of BX under the street light:

Last edited by BXImage on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Also the grey colored donor was scrapped last week - it took 3 days to remove everything that was useful, just before the winter. This one was rusty as hell.

After 3 days car looked like this - remains waiting for the scrappers. :(

Altough bodywork was terrible, the engine seems to be perfect as well as front struts and hydraulic pump. \:D/
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

I noticed that there was nothing written here for almost year and a half! :shock: A lot of work has been done on BX, you can follow what was happening during past year here:

http://www.yaronet.com/topics/169472-bx ... 992-serbia

Posts are in English, so people from UK won't have hard time using Google Translate if interested to have a look. :)

And one question for Administrator - can this topic be moved to "BX Blog spot", I think it suits there better?