Lonely In Scotland!

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
tranentbx
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Lonely In Scotland!

Post by tranentbx »

Thanks rutter123 I'm thinking of getting a carb refurbishing kit for it but am scared of opening it all up and then finding I can't put the thing back together. (I'm not a total novice but these things can be so fiddly) There's one on ebay for 30 quid.
honey00

Post by honey00 »

nice car, little touch up here and there..
Bill

Post by Bill »

Certainly no need to be lonely in Scotland, I know of at least 2 BX enthusiasts in the central belt and we get occasional visitors from over the wall!
Theres a monthly meeting of CCC and 2cv Ecosse, with all who have an interest in Citroens most welcome.
See http://www.scottishcitroen.co.uk/news/news.html
That really looks like a nice car you've got.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I think I passed you or this car anyway in Mussleborough last year. I was in a green Synergie and flashed you as I was heading into town looking for a petrol station.
They think it's all over, it is now!
tranentbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by tranentbx »

Hi Ken,

Yes it would have been me. Where do you live?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Wakefield, but I'd been to Edinburgh and bought the Synergie that I was driving, running on fumes as I recall.
They think it's all over, it is now!
callyy_f
My Cars: Got one

Post by callyy_f »

Hello,

I have a BX that has always been a pain to start when hot. We tried carb spacers, but that made little difference. The BX manual actually states that when hot starting after it has sat for a little while (a behaviour you have noticed here) the trick is to crank it while the accelerator pedal is fully depressed. It will reliably spring to life within a few seconds with no drama. The tricky thing is learning to do it such that as soon as it starts you reduce accelerator press enough so as not to rev it but not too much that it stalls again. Seems to be a heat issue but has never bothered me since the manual mentions it.
tranentbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by tranentbx »

Hi Callyy, I've been using the pedal to the metal technique for a while now and it does work (Just like it was written in the manual all along!)