63k mile Perfect XUD9TE and BE3 gearbox for sale, with added Xantia wrapped around it for delivery. £100.

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

63k mile Perfect XUD9TE and BE3 gearbox for sale, with added Xantia wrapped around it for delivery. £100.

Post by DavidRutherford »

Does anyone fancy a 1.9TD conversion engine for their BX? and possibly fit Aircon too? If so, I have the perfect item for you:

It's a 1996 P 1.9TD SX Xantia hatchback in red, with just 63k miles on it. It starts, runs, drives and stops. No MOT.

The good:
Engine runs beautifully. Starts instantly. Gearbox is tight and smooth. Clutch is light.
Bosch fuel injection equipment fitted.
Suspension goes up and down, spheres are soft. Brakes work.
Interior will clean up very well. Outside is in reasonable condition for a 24 year old car.
Aircon even seems to still have a charge as the AC clutch engages correctly.

The bad:
Currently only has one key, which doesn't fit the exterior locks. Included is a lock set and remote key, but it's not fitted.
Fan only works on max power. Replacement fan with working transistor controller included but not fitted.
ABS lamp is on.
Fuel gauge does not work.
Clock is missing a few LCD segments.
All tyres are either bald or badly cracked.

The ugly:
Some repairs already completed on rot at the leading and trailing ends of the sills. Will likely need two replacement wings as the bottom 4-6" has rotted away where it bolts to the bottom of the sill.
Significant rot just adjacent to the nearside front strut, which will need the sphere and strut top removing to gain access.

I simply do not have the capacity to repair this right now, but do not want to see it scrapped, as it's possibly the very best XUD9T engine I've seen in many many years. Hence I'm only after £100 (scrap value) for it in the hope someone else can use it.

Car is located near Chichester, west sussex. I can deliver it for cost of fuel. (On a car transporter trailer, I'm not going to drive it!)

Obviously, if you're going to heave the engine and box out for another car, everything after the first two lines of "the good" is somewhat irrelevant, but I cannot emphasis how good this engine is. It's probably the best one I've driven in over a decade.
this might be a signature
David
BXpert

Re: 63k mile Perfect XUD9TE and BE3 gearbox for sale, with added Xantia wrapped around it for delivery. £100.

Post by David »

I am tempted by this as I've wanted to put a 1.9 TD engine in my BX for a while, but there are many factors putting me off, including the fact that I don't know if my transfer box would fit on a TD engine & not get ripped apart if it would, & that you're over 250 miles away from me.

Does the engine have any leaks (oil, diesel, water etc)? Is it a new clutch? Is the Xantia gearbox identical to the BX?

Does anyone know if the Xantia suspension parts would fit on the BX? Particuarly the front struts?
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: 63k mile Perfect XUD9TE and BE3 gearbox for sale, with added Xantia wrapped around it for delivery. £100.

Post by Jaba »

The rear struts can be made to fit easily but as far as I know not the fronts. I think the front brakes - calipers and discs can be used but I see no advantage of larger front brakes.
Engine swap would be worthwhile though.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Coconut

Post by Coconut »

Is this still available please?
Every day above ground is a good day.