1989 BX 16TRS - 12 mths MOT what's it worth ?

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
cjpat
My Cars: 2CV
AMI 8
Dyane/Ami Super
C5 mk1
BX 16TRS

1989 BX 16TRS - 12 mths MOT what's it worth ?

Post by cjpat »

Having run this BX for 3 weeks, and completed over 400 miles including a trip to Mallory for 2cv racing, our accidental purchase of a G reg 1.6 TRS has been great. Engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes are all great. It has nearly a years MOT with a few advisories. The body work lets it down and is a bit scruffy, with 2 slightly differing shades of grey front to back, a repaired back qtr. and bumper that could do with a repaint.

Its now used 2-3 times a week, however it probably isn't something I will keep much longer. I have an 2cv race car, AMI 8 and
Dyane to keep me busy. Despite some initial optimism(and many time wasters) it does not seem an easy car to price. So would value any BX aficionado thoughts and comment on what its worth and how to move it on.

I am really glad to have saved it, and great fun to drive a 31 year old classic, but with space restrictions now I think it needs to move onto someone who will invest more time while using it.

Look forward to some thoughts from the Forum
thanks
Craig

BX oct.jpeg
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Re: 1989 BX 16TRS - 12 mths MOT what's it worth ?

Post by RobC »

Hi Craig

It’s hard to put a price on them because it depends who’s looking at the time. For the right buyer it’ll be worth £1,000 + but who knows if they’re in the market at the moment? If you can’t hang around waiting for them and need to shift it quickly then you might well need to price it lower.

Also, as youve only had it a few weeks I’d suggest the market value is pretty much what you paid for it, unless it was a freebie
1991 Citroen BX 16v