Selling up?

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
barry badger
BXpert

Selling up?

Post by barry badger »

Just throwing this out there,
I have developed an illness which at best means i wont be able to work as a mechanic any more and at worst ..............
I get my results on new years eve. So basically i will be selling most/all of my bxs and spares, not after much for it all really because i could end up having to dump a lot of it due to lack of storage. So large things that need a home:-

Bx 4x4 estate H reg white, slight piston knock on cold mornings, valve stems leaking, diff lock doesnt work (internal fault with transfer box but oil clean, has been like this for a long time) , nsr driveshaft has play in it, slight rust to roof, surface rust only to nsf pillar, numerous dinks and dents but still looks very presentable, can supply spare transfer box(was bought as good, splines good) spare d2e engine bought from bob bishop (would recommend stripping it before use but he told me it was good, 147,000 miles) also have spare gearbox with good splines but has been running with nut on 5th gear loose. Can put 12 months mot on it, despite list above was in full time use before i took it off the road for the winter. Recently spent 7 days under back arches replacing pink sealer, deox gelling any rust and undersealing/ waxoyling with an awful lot of dintrol. Stored indoors.

Bx tzd K reg silver, slight 'clack' from engine, took it off the road a couple of years ago because clutch is worn and its a bit smokey, could be a piston (but no excessive breathing and no oil consumption) or a loose combustion chamber. I swapped its front spheres to go on my txd, so the front ones are flat and its developed an lhm leak since its been stood (indoors). Laquer is peeling from roof badly and tailgate is cracked. Abs warning lamp is on intermittently. Doesn't need any welding.

Numerous spares collected over the last 25 years.

Have only put these on just to see if there is any interest, tzd is probably only worth a couple of hundred pounds but if anyone has a rotten one with a good engine then this one is perfect.
Barry.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Selling up?

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Barry

Sorry to hear that mate, you have to put yourself first, I have dodged the bullet with redundancy recently and had to think long and hard about the cars future, finding the right home, thankfully all worked out ok but who knows where we will end up next year!

I am sure someone would be interested in them.

The 4x4 will sell with 12 months mot.

Any idea of price

Good luck with the results! [-o<

Can I copy this over to the Facebook page to get more interest?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Rooky1
My Cars: 2011 Citroen DS4 2.0hdi
1973 Mg B Gt

Post by Rooky1 »

Really sorry to hear of your illness.
With regard to the tzd is it a hatch or estate? Where abouts in the UK are you?

Tony
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

Both are estates, the 4x4 i had a figure of about £1000 in mind given its problems.
I'm in liverpool.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Jamiegray17
My Cars: 1993 bx estate tgd
1992 mazda mx5 mk1
2002 mk1 focus
2006 mk3 mondeo estate
1996 landrover discovery 300tdi

Post by Jamiegray17 »

First I'm really sorry to hear about this it not the mind limited unfortunately it always the body so I hope you well

I see you say spares I'm after if can a bumper or if not just the front lip for my build if have any or know anyone that be ace

Don't mind if on bumper or just lip I will buy either way if available