Abs light, bleeding?

BX Tech talk
womble3go
Confirmed BX'er

Abs light, bleeding?

Post by womble3go »

Hi all,
Ive just done some work on my hydraulic system, changed the FDV and regulator had all 5 spheres off and checked and cleaned the tank and fillters and the oil.

The car seams to working as it should, but do have the ABS light on tried the normal things that sort it with no luck? Do I need to bleed the brake system? or is there some thing else Ive missed.

Kevin.
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Re: Abs light, bleeding?

Post by RobC »

It’ll probably be a coincidental sensor fault. Perhaps you disturbed the wiring to one of the rear sensors when removing the rear spheres? There’s an ABS fault finding thread on here somewhere if you search the faq. Got a multimeter? (You’ll need one)
1991 Citroen BX 16v
womble3go
Confirmed BX'er

Post by womble3go »

I Do have a spare sensor that I have tried on the o/s one were I changed the cambelt but was thinking about trying the others just to be sure. Have cased sensor faults before, got there in the end.
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

Often it’s not the sensor but the wiring that goes open circuit, particularly over the rear arms as that’s the bit that gets the most flexing (and crud) over the years
1991 Citroen BX 16v
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

You can plug in your spare sensor to all the the loom connectors one by one for static testing. The rear ones are under the back seat. The fronts you have already found.
It might be worth measuring the resistance of your spare one to ensure it is functional. Look for about 1000 ohms.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
womble3go
Confirmed BX'er

Post by womble3go »

I will check my spare one just to make sure that its ok, but at least no one is say to bleed the brake which was a pain last time I did it.

Thank you for the help.