Chance of a Peugeot 405 Mi16 16v Engine

BX Tech talk
BXrunner

Chance of a Peugeot 405 Mi16 16v Engine

Post by BXrunner »

I've got a chance of getting a 16v 405 Mi16 engine for gratis would this fit in lumpy and it's autobox seems a shame to get it just to sell on oh it comes with a manual box too dont need that though
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

It would certainly be 'fitable', but it would kill the autobox in no time at all...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Its the Same lump as in the Bx16v's so will fit with no issues matey! although iirc the running gear oin the 16v is different to that on the std 1.9's! (different driveshafts, vented disc's etc.)
but will fit!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
BXrunner

Mi16

Post by BXrunner »

jonathan_dyane wrote:It would certainly be 'fitable', but it would kill the autobox in no time at all...
Why will it destroy the gearbox ive driven plenty of GTis with autoboxes also twin turbos
did the 16V GTI ever have an auto variant or option?
plus I don't drive like one of the 18 year old lads you see down the seafront in a Saxo or Astra.

I have a chance of what I need ie shafts/ECu's Looms and discs are cheap. The wiring will be an issue not impossible. The engine swap I could do though I'm used to working on engines a touch bigger and not designed to be on the ground
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Re: Mi16

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Why will it destroy the gearbox ive driven plenty of GTis with autoboxes also twin turbos
did the 16V GTI ever have an auto variant or option?
plus I don't drive like one of the 18 year old lads you see down the seafront in a Saxo or Astra.
The gearbox out of your car was also fitted to the Diesel models, but a turbo was never offered as the box couldn't take the power/torque. Obviously the valver engine produces far more power and similar torque, and it will die quickly...

I believe the Doc has created high power auto BX's, but using a different box...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

There's alot to consider here.
Not least of which will be that an autobox will last about 3 seconds strapped to a 16v.
They are uber fragile boxes.

I've actually done all the groundwork for making an autobox suitable for the valver, including reworked epicyclic and different gearing. Total cost would be about £5K, just for the box.

Next to consider would be making the ring from the flywheel fit a flexiplate and getting the weighting right.
No ring, no working engine.

Next to consider would be gearbox cooling.

All in all, it's a waste of time and money unless you really want a 16v auto, which at some stage I might, but I also dont mind spending £5K plus to get it right.
Otherwise all your going to do is fit an engine and have a dead car in minutes.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Oh yes. It'd be the greatest sub-minute you've ever had in a car. If you have the money and the time then go for it, but please video the maiden run and stick it on Youtube. The bit where the various parts of the gearbox decided to part company at various angles through various bits of the car would be hysterical.
Honestly Charlotte you should listen to Doc and the others here, they'll save you a fortune.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Mi16

Post by DavidRutherford »

BXrunner wrote: ive driven plenty of GTis with autoboxes
also twin turbos
The engine swap I could do though I'm used to working on engines a touch bigger
I had a feeling before, but now I'm utterly sure. You are in fact Charlotte001.

Initially noted by the ridiculous questions, and the unwillingness to believe anyones replies. Now confirmed by saying the same things, and referring to the same history.

Tell you what: Fit your 16v engine or diesel engine, or whatever you want to fit. Take your rear calipers apart incorrectly. Use all the wrong screwdrivers. Do whatever you want to do to your car, but when you spend dozens and dozens of hours turning a driveable car into a pile of "mixed metals" don't say no-one warned you.

Oh, and replying to your own posts, like here and here would be worthy of being banned on most forums that I visit....
this might be a signature
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

And how about just...ewwww. You need help. Who in the blue hell would want to pretend they were THAT?!?! Only a complete Princess. Someone get me a bucket quick.

And in case you missed the concept of the post...

EWWWWWW!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Which princess though? Princess Pushy, Princess Perfect or Austin Princess? Or do you mean that God awful record (Princess Who Adore You) by the God awful INXS.
Or perhaps you meant Princess tinned salmon? Let's be honest something smells fishy here.
David, I agree with what you said mate but (in my humble opinion) we don't really need moderation on this forum, least very little as we all seem to have a laugh and get on 99.9% of the time.
I've actually stopped using on e of (admittedly quite obscure) Vauxhall forum because some odious little t*rd grovelled and snivelled his way into being a mod and now is a right royal pain in the 4rse, as others realised he would be.

Back o/t (whatever that was) a free engine sounds good to me. In fact I've got a free engine (Manta 1.8) in my garage. Mind you that'll be heading for China before we know it!
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

the irony is that the more learned clocked who had returned to our screens quite some time ago! Pathetic!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:the irony is that the more learned clocked who had returned to our screens quite some time ago! Pathetic!
Could you qualify to the less learned (me!) please mate?

*Thought: tell me you don't mean who I think you mean?
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I'm with Billy on this one, dont have a clue who it is, i've got an idea but i could be totally wrong.

Seems strange to me that someone of limited capacity would actually waste most of it on this forum :lol: , save some, it could come in handy one day....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

MULLEY wrote:I'm with Billy on this one, dont have a clue who it is, i've got an idea but i could be totally wrong.

Seems strange to me that someone of limited capacity would actually waste most of it on this forum :lol: , save some, it could come in handy one day....

Hey don't knock it mate, I've got away with it for years :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped